Post YOUR Sedan here
By HiTec
#326887 Fitment is bad. Thats a aftermarket bumper, so it just multiplies the bad fitment when installing coupe front bumper to sedan. I havent done anything to it yet, but i do have spare coupe and sedan fenders so i could do the hybrid fenders.

I´ve focused to my EG4 build, so this is just gathering dust in the garage :(

But a very small update! I managed to source a EG OEM electric headlight adjuster motors and switch! So one step closer for a "legal" HIDs! :)
By Trix
#326959 just thought i would ask since i can get a coupe front bumper for my sedan cheaper then i can a sedan bumper lol
By HiTec
#327252 OEM Coupe bumper fits much better to Sedan than aftermarket, so if you are planning to do that, go straight with the OEM.

Little update: JDM SiR factory leather wrapped black steering wheel:

This pic also shows electrical headlight adjuster switch and motors :)

Cant really complain about the price of the steering wheel, 15€ (which is about $19) :hehe:
By onibakagaijin
#327298 Thats an awesome find and an awesome price. Looks good.
By HiTec
#327474 Thats nice to hear! 8)

The headlight adjuster harness was really pain in the ass to track down. Finally found it, so i could add a pin to the cars original wire harness connector.

Here is some pics from the retrofit:

Headlight adjuster motor:

How the headlight looks before:

Here is "modified" part:

Motor attached to the light, tight fit:

Tucking the wires :)

Now i just need these 3-pin connectors to achieve OEM-look harness.

Then I tested how the white engine bay would look like when cleaned. This is just some quick test cleaning.

Random pic from dirty interior:

5% rear window tints will be gone for this upcoming "season". I will change them to 35%. Will look much better :)
By Fada Blayne
#327491 :thumb:

Midnight in the backseat! lol
By HiTec
#329519 Hahah, yea! Well thats gonna change! :)

Todays update:

Small box arrived. 60 pcs Skunk2 Purple Fender Washers and new scratch free Skunk2 Rep shift knob to replace my BLOX neochrome knob that has small scratches on top that annoy me. BLOX is going to my EG4 :)

I think I have fallen in love with those fender washers. I cant even describe how good feeling it is to replace those old rusty bolts to these! Its dangerously addictive :D

Sorry for bad quality pics. Forgot my real camera to my house, again :(

I also swapped the brake booster upside down to hide the vacuum hose, but i dont have picture about it.
By PGB
#329691 I want that wheel so bad :thumb:
Good to see youre still at it mate
By HiTec
#330199 I might sell it, because its not compatible with my incoming Cruise Control retrofit :(

Whats new here?

Well, I bought a complete JDM Auto Climate Control retrofit.

All I can say is that its far from plug and play.

I started the retrofit from cleaning the rusted brackets in CRC-rust remover. Part in the picture is outside temp sensor bracket:

Then i swapped the manual climate main harness to automatic (dont mind the other wires, i needed to unwrap them because they were tied together with manual harness:

Here goes the heater core temp sensor:

When the main harness and the heater core temp sensor was installed, i choosed to remove the blower resistor. The new mosfet thingy wasnt plug and play, so modifications needed, again..:

Next thing: Airmix motor modification:

Then i noticed that any of the parts suplied wont fit to LHD heaterbox. They arent even mirrored, they are completely different. So, custom work needed:

You could add a big questionmark to this picture:

Couple problems: How to connect the air mix motor to cable actuated links?

I thought that i will do my own link and bracket to the air mix motor.

3,5 hours of pure testing and measuring. One millimeter wrong and the motion path wasnt full. Wasnt really too nice to spent that time under the glovebox.

Prototype:

How i did the custom bracket to air mix motor:

I used modified cable actuated versions plastic cover as a template. Wasnt really the easiest job, but i managed to find out where the motor needs to be installed to achieve perfect operation.

And my custom bracket:

Main harness:

Blower relay:

Rust free bracket:

Installed:

Sunbeam sensor:

I installed it to this vent, cause I´m changing the dashboard some day. Then i will install it to its OEM-location.

Then i needed to add this inside temp vacuum thingy :s

And the airmix motor installed correctly :)

Stay tuned for future updates :)
Last edited by HiTec on Mon May 20, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Wolfsbain
#330206 Sweet build and glad to see another civic brought from the grave
By PGB
#330386 C'mon man! 4 more posts so I can nominate you for ROTM :thumb:
By HiTec
#331860 Image

Then i fixed whitebalance from my camera, washed the car, installed OEM Stanley DC2 Integra sidemarkers and brand new EG OEM rear mudflaps :)

Please don't mind the front end imperfections. I still havent done the modifications (custom fenders). Too little time :(