Post YOUR Sedan here
By juls1488
Sirjump wrote:Like your improvements. How's the rest of the car? Now that you've spent a lot on handling I hope it doesn't rust away on ya :)

the rest of the car isnt bad. its got the typical rear quarter panel rust, and needs new fenders and a better hood.
one thing at a time though, the oil pan is leaking from the gasket now.
By juls1488
#303784 nothing new yet, but it looks like i'm going to be picking up a set of new hasport 2 post mounts from a friend next week.
just in time too, mine are starting to make noise. :thumbdown:

also on the way is a new brake master cylinder and a 4040 prop valve. never changed those when i did the 4 lug ITR swap. oops. :whistle:
By 92EG-8
#303787 Looking good man definitely not bad for $500 how do you like your suspension setup? And I just noticed you have a 98 D16y7 while I have a 97 D16y7 haha
By juls1488
92EG-8 wrote:Looking good man definitely not bad for $500 how do you like your suspension setup? And I just noticed you have a 98 D16y7 while I have a 97 D16y7 haha

thanks man. y7 powah! :thumb: haha.
love the suspension setup. the one downside though, and its really minor, is that the poly bushing creak alittle after it rains. no biggie, i just crawl under their with some PB Garage Door Lube. stuff is the shit.

the deal on the hasport mounts fell through :( but it's ok. i think i'm just gonna grab a set of prothane inserts and be done.
going tomorrow to get a hood and a new fender. already got a newer-ish passenger side fender and a new front bumper. makin progress! :D
By juls1488
#305742 so i seem to be having shit luck buying things. the dude selling the hood sold it to someone else right after telling me it was available and to come get it. fuck. :x
then the prop valve ended up being a regular civic prop valve, had to send that back.
then the brake master cylinder i was sent ended up being for some kinda toyota. had to send that back too. :thumbdown:

the one good thing that happened this week, is that i busted my kayak out of storage. civic + universal roof rack + kayak = win! :thumb:
By juls1488
#307407 so, with the clutch starting to slip on me, and the synchros in second gear being almost gone, my car is nearly impossible to drive. so, i decided to do something about it.
i have a 95 ex tranny laying around, so its going in the car.
im also gonna do some maintenance while ive got the car apart.
pics to follow after work.
By juls1488
#307451 what the eff is this?!
awesome. pulled my header off, and found this little surprise.
apparently the previous owner tapped the oil pan for something, and did a shitty job. leaks like a faucet. :thumbdown:

old torque mounts

old clutch

busted transmission

new stuff is going on tomorrow night.
By Rotary_EG4dr
#307457 holy crap. lol looks like your having fun!
By juls1488
Rotary_EG4dr wrote:holy crap. lol looks like your having fun!

actually i am! i love this kinda stuff. might take me forever to do some of it, but i enjoy it all the same.

the newer-ish tranny is bolted up, and almost ready to go.
bunch of new and replaced parts
-billet torque mounts
-yonaka clutch (was kinda broke, so we will see how this works out)
-Energy susupension rear mount insert
-new speed sensor
-ES shifter bushings
-new oil pan and gasket
-slightly used DC header, painted silver

the transmission, the valve cover, the oil pan, and the front of the block have been painted almost bronze color. the rear T bracket has been repainted black along with the two brackets in the front.

its almost two in the morning here, and i've been working on this bitch since noon. pics after i pass out for a bit haha. :thumb:
By juls1488
#307626 PICS!!
almost everything back in the bay
old mounts vs new
newer tranny
pressure plate comparison
DC header sprayed with engine enamel. it will probably burn off, but damn its shiny!
Couple more things to do to it tomorrow, then she'll be back on the road.
By Punksz6
#307629 Nice work so Far! :thumb:
By fatcoupe
#307693 Lookin GOOD! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By Rotary_EG4dr
#307708 did you spray the header with the 500* Engine enamel? or the 1500* enamel?? the 1500* lasted about 6 months on a buddies car, but the 500* was instant lol

everything looks good though! lovin it!
By juls1488
Rotary_EG4dr wrote:did you spray the header with the 500* Engine enamel? or the 1500* enamel?? the 1500* lasted about 6 months on a buddies car, but the 500* was instant lol

everything looks good though! lovin it!

i sprayed it with 500* enamel, so whoops :lol:
even if it burns off, its still gonna look better than what was on there.

thanks for the comments! now to finish it up! :woot:
By brandoff88
#307720 damn man workin like a boss, diggin it. good luck with the rest of parts ordering lol i hate when shit like that happens...i ordered a eg hood once and they sent me an ek hood i was like wtf am i supposed to do with this?