Post YOUR Sedan here
By juls1488
brandoff88 wrote:damn man workin like a boss, diggin it. good luck with the rest of parts ordering lol i hate when shit like that happens...i ordered a eg hood once and they sent me an ek hood i was like wtf am i supposed to do with this?

thanks man. unless you're diggint the part out of a yard yourself, its always a toss up whether you get the right one. its annoying.

cars back on the ground and driving. feels like brand new. what a difference a new clutch and better trans make.
the solid torque mounts and the shifter bushings make every shift feel smooth. makes my dashboard shake a little, but thats fine.
the dc header has changed the whole sound of my exhaust too. lower rpms have a deeper note. the mids still sound the same, havent really brought it too high, still breaking in the clutch.
next on the list is a little body work, and then some new-ish wheels. and maybe more low. :thumb:
By brandoff88
#308645 glad to hear it man! :thumb: and yeah its always a toss up i got two "replacement bumpers" that dont even line up or fit right..kinda irked about that but i guess when you pay 40 bucks each thats what ya get lol
By juls1488
brandoff88 wrote:glad to hear it man! :thumb: and yeah its always a toss up i got two "replacement bumpers" that dont even line up or fit right..kinda irked about that but i guess when you pay 40 bucks each thats what ya get lol

exactly! same thing happened to me with a front bumper on my ek hatch. had to do a lot of trimming to get it to look ok.
and i actually had to trim some of the aluminum off of one of the torque mounts to get it to line up right. but they were cheap so its ok! :thumb:
By brandoff88
#308836 haha i just said fuck it and threw em in the basement...just going to use the old ones and try to make em look...err "nice" lol
By juls1488
#308941 so, these wont be going on for a while, but they need to be shared.
dunno the brand, but these are some reverse mesh look-a-likes in a 4x114.3 pattern. 14x7 with a -3mm offset. its gonna be tricky to get them to fit well, but i will do it. they need some loving though. one of them has a slight wobble that will need to be taken care of, but for 100 bucks im ok with that.
crappy cellphone pic, but its what i got.
thats my wallet just we can see the depth on them
ignore my feet, its too hot for shoes. :D
By juls1488
#312092 haven't updated in awhile, but not too much new. bought more wheels. :lol:
should also be ordering/picking up tires for the meshies sometime next week.
in the month of august gonna be picking up the following stuff at some point:
extended wheel studs for the front
5mm spacers for when i want to rock those steelies
new exhaust, probably from yonaka
momo steering wheel hub and red stitch wheel
inner tie rod ends and steering rack bellows
and these, since my horn is broken i will be getting these maybe not in that color though. depends on whats available.
By juls1488
#312346 Mini-update: I'm gonna be holding off on tires for a bit. It's gonna take a bit of work to make them fit right, so I think I'm gonna get that out of the way.
On the way and should be here by end of the week, or early next week:
-New Inner and outer tie rod ends
-new driver side fender
-Generic red stitch steering wheel(until i find something else that i like)
-momo steering wheel hub
-hella supertone knockoffs(my stock horn is totally shot)
-extended wheel studs for the front
-weld-in rear quarter panel replacement pieces
Tires will come after all this gets installed. hopefully by the end of august. if I'm lucky, she'll get fresh paint too. :D
updates will be slow until I'm done fixing shit.
By juls1488
#314389 Been a bit, but the car went under the knife today.
Getting all the old rear quarter rust removed. New panels are gonna be welded in, and new front fenders, hood and bumper are gonna be added.
come Wednesday the car is gonna get repainted! :woot:
the fedex man just dropped off some goodies too!
-Yonaka catback exhaust
-momo steering wheel hub
on the way i have blackworks front and rear camber kits, nankang geostars in 185/60/14
hopefully by the end of this weekend the paint should be done, new tires and wheels on, and i should have some pics. :thumb:
By juls1488
#314944 cars back from the shop for a bit. got some pics. new qps, camber kits, and wheels are on. exhaust and steering wheel are next before it goes back to the body shop for paint on saturday.
before:
after:
camber kits:
ended up flipping the blackworks kits for triple what i got em for, so bought some wicked tuning kits brand new. :thumb:
putting the wheels on:
wheels on:
rears:
Fronts:

i have new front fenders, hood and front bumper at the body shop, and this weekend she goes for paint!
:woot:
By juls1488
#316264 so paint hasn't happened yet. shit happens and money doesn't grow on trees. any further stuff is on hold til about February or March. also ended up taking the wheels off for right now. had to set the camber back to zero too. my front toe ended up being way off, i couldn't get my poor mans alignment right, and i was chewing through tires. :thumbdown:
got some unfortunate financial things going on so buying more new tires and then paying $120+ for an alignment because my car has camber kits is ridiculous and I'm not doing it.
brakes are making noise again too.
this blows.
By juls1488
#317855 So I figured a couple of things out. I wasn't doing the alignment right, wasn't including the tire size in my calculations. Doh. [smilie=BangHead.gif]
so the wide wheels are back on, but the ones in the back have junkyard tires now.
also gonna hold off on paint for the foreseeable future. the car's rust free and thats good enough for me right now.
did start collecting motor parts though.
going for an all-motor non-vtec sohc build.
-D16Y8 block with new bearings, gaskets, oil pump, and water pump
-D16A6 pistons
-D16Y7 head
-Bisimoto Camshaft (0.431" valve lift on the intake, 0.435" exh; 238 deg duration on intake and 230 deg exhaust at 0.040")
-Supertech valve springs and retainers
-Bisi Replica header
-CBR 954 ITBs
Running it all on an AEM EMS.
I have almost all of those parts, except the header, ITBs, and the supertech bits. Gotta get me an engine stand, and then I can start putting things together. :thumb:
By GSRsedan92
#317856 sounds like the engine setup is going to be sweet and the car is looking good for man. :thumb:
By juls1488
GSRsedan92 wrote:sounds like the engine setup is going to be sweet and the car is looking good for man. :thumb:

thanks man. its a work in progress, but looks way better then when i got it. and its just gonna keep getting better :lol:
By gtstripes
#317908 hey man i noticed your coilovers doesnt have 3 adjuster things like on most other coilovers, how do u adjust it to go lower?? my spring is snug in place and it still looks stock height :?

nice build by the way! ill be keeping my eye on this :thumb: :woot: