Post YOUR Sedan here
By Joplies
#182234 i disagree. im thinkin lower it, repaint it and throw on some hx's, si's or even rotas and call it good for now.
By Simmons
Joplies wrote:i disagree. im thinkin lower it, repaint it and throw on some hx's, si's or even rotas and call it good for now.

x2
By Beatdowncivic
#182294 i'm probably about to pick up a set of blades,slipstreams, and hx for 600 for all the blades are powder coated black and btw i have adjustable coils so i could probably drop it easily and once body work is done it's going to get a satin finish black paint
By Chance
#182295 Make sure to do your jambs and bay black. Oh and if you shave the moldings and decide you dont like it. Password jdm has stick on(no clips needed) thin side moldings I believe!
By Beatdowncivic
#183368 i showed my wife the pic of the mouldings shaved and even she thinks it looks better with them ... so im guessing im going to leave the mouldings on she said "it looks like your trying too hard if you take them off" so i guess im leaving them on.. lol :lol:
By Beatdowncivic
#185971 ok so i made it to minnesota and starting tinkering with the car...(cant do much with a bad wheel bearing) so i decided to start working on the interior.
the guy that had the car before me though he could paint and so he painted the console and both front door panels like this
dont have a pic of the console.. got tired of looking at the nasty orange color so i decided to repaint my interior and this is what i have so far (btw i have yet to get bored enough to redo the upholstery on the door.. but that is coming soon .
passenger rear door
front passenger door
im still in the process of working on the color to get it right where i like it so far the front doors are going to be satin black and the rear doors like a gloss satin(best i can describe it)
and as i was taking off my front driver door i got so lucky as to snap one my door handle surround
and here is the console in the gloss form not sure whether ill keep it gloss or go with the satin to match the front doors
Looking for feedback on gloss or satin
and i found a power washer in a storage room here so i went crazy power washing the deck... and decided my engine bay was too dirty so heres a before and after
BEFORE
AFTER
turns out that most of the black coloring on my valve cover was grease and muck... lol just trying to figure out what color im going with the car.. bc whatever color i go with the car with be the bay color but i want the valve cover to stand out so im gonna paint it some off the wall color(possibly) any suggestions?
also thinking about either painting my corner light plastics black(diy style) or possibly tinting them amber so i can see what it looks like just not sure if ill like the amber look especially over those crystal clear corners... can someone photoshop it and let me see what it would look like.. ill take another pic if i get a taker on the photshop thing..also considering doing an a/c delete since where we live now the record high of all time is 105 degrees in 1936 and that was a state of emergency lol :woot: so im seriously thinking im not gonna need a/c if anyone knows of a diy on an a/c delete lemme know thanks guys
By Beatdowncivic
#205718 well we finally got out of that hell hole they call minnesota and moved back to my hometown in arkansas.. im about to start in the next few days getting my beast ready for paint.. so now i get the fun job of all th sanding and filling and tape work for the next week or so.. any suggestions on paint color? i got a new phone and like the color blue that it is lemme know what you think..
i can get the paint from my sisters best friend who owns her own bodyshop (yet wont hook me up which sucks)
By Beatdowncivic
#205719 well we finally got out of that hell hole they call minnesota and moved back to my hometown in arkansas.. im about to start in the next few days getting my beast ready for paint.. so now i get the fun job of all the sanding and filling and tape work for the next week or so.. any suggestions on paint color? i got a new phone and like the color blue that it is lemme know what you think..
i can get the paint from my sisters best friend who owns her own bodyshop (yet wont hook me up which sucks) give me some ideas here ppl or ill just go all white and paint my rims black :D (and maybe join a group on here :D :D ) i dont know though, there is a shop here in town that can do CBFB overlays and i was thinking about having them do my roof and just get a cbfb hood and trunk but i dont want to spend all that money down the road and then not like the way it looks.. any ideas??
By bumpin
#205754 goodchoice of color man! to give you an idea heres mine before :thumb:

By Chance
#205757 Looks way better without those nasty orange panels lol.

Beatdowncivic wrote:i can get the paint from my sisters best friend who owns her own bodyshop (yet wont hook me up which sucks) give me some ideas here ppl or ill just go all white and paint my rims black :D (and maybe join a group on here :D :D ) i dont know though, there is a shop here in town that can do CBFB overlays and i was thinking about having them do my roof and just get a cbfb hood and trunk but i dont want to spend all that money down the road and then not like the way it looks.. any ideas??

I'm partial to white.. it always looks so good. Not a big fan of Carbon Fiber... I think money could be better spend elsewhere!
Maybe do a champagne color with polished wheels.. that'd look good as well. There are way to many choices..
By Beatdowncivic
#205770 yeah if i go with the blue from my phone its a lil darker then yours.. but nice color on yours im jealous, but im thinking about having the local paint store put whatever color i choose in a aerosaol cans so i can do it myself at the house.. paint jobs cost too much lol
By Rgaray5396
#206404 Thought you went to school? Maybe not Auto body class. I'm lucky I can use my paint booth in school but haven't decided what color.. looking better btw
By Beatdowncivic
#206405 i went to a technical school here locally when i first got out of hs for 2 years for auto body work and then went back for 2 more years and went for auto paint.. just a lack of resources has kept me from doing the car the way i want and prolly need to