Post YOUR Sedan here
By 1updelsol
breez wrote:Ran into a little snag i found a nick on my cylinder wall and its about two inches down about a half a mm wide :x . So back to the machine shop for them to check it out and let me know since this is my first time and I want there to be no more snags :thumb: .

i would be pissttt!!!!
but i know my engine is blown :P
By breez
#173965 Well today I was still pretty let down by the work the machine shop did :x. Decided to paint my valve cover and oil pan to bring my spirits up :D . Tomorrow when I go to the machine shop hopefully all goes well and I can continue the build on the motor. :thumb:

Heres some pics of the valve cover before and after.
Finished product :D
Type R replica sway bar I'll rock that :thumb:
Freshy oil pan crazy bright color I'll rock that as well :D
Well hope all goes well tomorrow when I go to the machine shop :woot:
By 1updelsol
#174064 nice color..

what brand iis that type r replica strut bar?
By breez
1updelsol wrote:nice color..

what brand iis that type r replica strut bar?

Thanks ^. Its just a knock off one that came with a type R sticker on it I like it since everybody doesnt rock this one in particular.

On another note took the block to get it checked out IDK if they were just pulling my leg but they said everything was normal and I can start the build :thumb: . So I guess I will see in the next week or so if they were just trynna cover up their mistakes :thumbdown: .
By breez
#174566 Decided to paint my trunk semi gloss black today . I also did the DIY solid mounts since they are out already :D . Got a little more progress on the engine pistons and crankshaft and main cap bridge are in :thumb:.

pics of the trunk before and after
DIY solid mounts
I will post up more pics of my progress soon
By 92egdxhatch
#174608 looks like a nice project. hopefully your engine comes together soon.
By breez
#174736 Hell yea I cant wait to get it into the car already but I have been patient
this long so I could wait a little bit longer :D . Thx for the comments and support ppl ! :woot:
By breez
DuhQbnSiLo wrote:Paint the whole car :thumb: even if its spray paint, one solid shade/color is better than fades!

Yea I can agree with that gonna try to do it soon tho dont know if Im going to do it the same color tho :? .
By breez
#174984 Got the rest of the bottom end together today. While in the progress the mail man approached me with my adj. cam gear :D .

I will post more pics of my progress hopefully later tomorrow .
By DuhQbnSiLo
breez wrote:
DuhQbnSiLo wrote:Paint the whole car :thumb: even if its spray paint, one solid shade/color is better than fades!

Yea I can agree with that gonna try to do it soon tho dont know if Im going to do it the same color tho :? .

Well if your going to spray paint it, use a simple color, I'm going black soon :thumb:
By breez
Well if your going to spray paint it, use a simple color, I'm going black soon

I was thinking of going black too just simple and sleek :hehe: ..

On another note got some pics of the progress head is torqued down timing belt is on and I just need a valve cover gasket set and I will drop her in :thumb: . I painted my block to match all the other fresh engine parts :D .

After
By breez
#175636 Where else besides a junkyard can I find head studs for the Z6 so I can tighten the valve cover ? :?
By Classiccarsrule85
breez wrote:Where else besides a junkyard can I find head studs for the Z6 so I can tighten the valve cover ? :?

??? head studs are for the head lol you want valve cover studs maybe or valve cover bolts in your case.....

Your gonna need to use valve cover bolts since thats really all i know you can use i mean you can try and make a custom set-up where its a stud up from the head and a nut on top holding the v/c down but ive never seen it done on a z6....

looking good tho