Post YOUR Sedan here
By HiTec
#296082 I´ve been done some misc work with the car:

I also got a new camera from my girlfriend, so here is some better pix taken with Canon IXUS 105

Headlight tuck started. I just got the wire harness of. Ordered some different size and color shrink tube and a mesh guard. Still waiting them to arrive.

Have to do something to my register plate, that rattling doesn´t sound nice. (I covered the microphone with my finger so the subs pressure doesn´t sound too bad).

Edit: Link fixed: http://hitecmods.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Civic/2 ... 154856.mp4

Felt bad to cut those harness, but i managed to mod the drivers side. I dont want to do a full wire tuck, cause my opinion is that if you mod those harnesses that stay visible to look great, they will look technic, which i personally like. Those headlight/headlight washers/horn/wiper harnesses i want to hide, so it will be easier to paint and keep the engine bay clean.
So, i modded the harness so the ABS-connector and tachotest connector will be under the carpet. I hope that the pictures will clear my idea, cause i dont know how to put my idea to words.

Here is allready some nice DIY:s to wire tuck, but if somebody wants to do the excact same thing as I here is some pics. So in this picture, you can see the modified harness. The upgoing wires are rewired to go BEFORE the rubber seal. You will need to extend 2 wires. I added one wire to this harness (hood sensor to alarm), so the alarm wirings will look as much OEM as it can.

I tested the wire route using orange wire mesh. Even this is not going to be visible to the eye, i dont want to use orange color, so this is just a test. Also, i´m ofc buying a rubber seal to the "wire through hole".

I dont have any mugen parts in my car yet, but i had to... This means that i have to buy something :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calipers arrived today. I spent the whole day scraching paint and rust off from the left caliper.

After 4 hours:

Red Duplicolor high temp brake caliper paint :

More scratching:

And paint:

I also polished those plates. (Before)

After installed:

Next things to get: 262mm/4x100 hubs, ITR 1´MBC + servo, EBC Greenstuff front pads, stainless steel brake lines to front, and Buddy Club extended ball joints.
Last edited by HiTec on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TrailerTrash
#296152 calipers look awesome
By HiTec
#296810 Right side wire tuck:

Battery and fusebox out:

Old tapings and covers out:

All the old stuff removed:

Random pic about the Silent Coat sound deadening:

Wires cut and though the original rubber boot one at the time:

An as you can see, the wires go through the factory hole (i think i have to buy moar Silent Coat):

New rubber wire through:

I removed the harnesses original clips, so they stayed intact and i was able to reuse them to achieve clean looking install. Pic shows that i need to extend only 4 AC-wires. Also shows the new ground point. :

I ordered 35 meters different sized and colored wire mesh guard. And couple of meters different sized and colored shrink tube. 2 weeks till they arrive.
By HiTec
#296853 Shopping :)

- Function7 LCA:s

- Buddy Club extended balljoints:

- Goodridge steel braided brake lines:

- BLOX Limited Neo Chrome knob ~450gr:

- Clear Amber corners HB/Coupe:

What i did today? Well, today i couldn´t do much. Just waiting parts to arrive and doing some little things.

Before (bad sunburns):

After Satin Black:

That little plate that i wrapped with DiNoc will mostly be under the seal, but couple of millimeters will be visible, so that´s why i added that detail.
Last edited by HiTec on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ceelx
#296857 i dont like those amber corners but rest what you doin of this car is amazing :thumb:
By HiTec
#296908 Don´t worry, it was just a sudden mental disorder to get those lights. I was able to change the order and i will get OEM-look ambers instead of those clear ones 8)

Todays update:

I painted the place where the wiper motors are black (paparazzi striked):

I also ripped apart the wiper thingy, cleaned and painted it silver:

Grill installed (need to do something to that seal):

I also painted the inside plastic fenders back to black, cause they looked bad (not that they look too good now :( ):

Now back to the garage...
By Punksz6
#297928 Nice!! :thumb:
By ceelx
#297962 and this what im talking about :thumb:

jealous :P
By HiTec
#298341 Couple of pics how the car sits today.

Shocks look bad :(

SOMEONE PLEASE SELL ME EG 262mm FRONT HUBS THAT ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ITR CALIBERS! The previous seller sold me the wrong 242mm ones :(
By ceelx
#298344 great progress :thumb:
so give them back to him
By HiTec
#298462 I cant post them back to him, the shipping costs would be more than the hubs. :(

Yesterday those wire meshies arrived, so i started finishing the wire tuck. I think that everybody wont like the color choice, but i wanted it to look different than usual black wire meshes. (OFC they wont be visible to the eye, but still...) The visible wires in the bay will get the normal black wire guard, so don´t worry. (except the light wires).

And as always, pictures:

Need to clean those connectors.

And get a new H4 connector to replace that broken one.

By ceelx
#298463 that sucks :/

btw great job with those wiring :thumb: lookin so sick :woot: