Post YOUR Coupe here
By xswingkidx
#115570 I got the bushings in today and got the rotors turned. If all goes well, I'll be painting the calipers this weekend and installing everything next weekend after I pick up a prop valve. I'm contemplating getting steel braided brake lines too but need to check prices first.

By Punksz6
#115702 Nice! :D
By xswingkidx
BurqueB16 wrote:luv what u did with the hx's!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks. Once I saw the drums behind the HX rims though, I knew they had to go. Its a domino effect.
By EJ1Mek
#117340 very good start car is clean a little polishing up and it will look super clean keep us posted on new stuff :thumb:
By xswingkidx
#119846 Nothing major but I got a short ram intake from a friend for free today and put it on the civic. I was going to paint my brake calipers before I do my rear disc swap but the max temp to paint at is 95 degrees and it has been averaging about 102 here. I think I'll do the swap anyway and just paint the calipers next time I have to change the brake pads.

By Chance
#119849 Some nice work going into this car! LOVE polished HX's miss mine!!!!

:thumb:
By xswingkidx
#121863 Just picked up the prop valve I need for the disc swap. I still need to get a master cylinder since mine is slowly getting worse. I believe that will be the last part I need though. Then the fun will begin.
By Punksz6
#122151 Nice!! I just picked up a 95 GSR rear disc conv. too but I got lucky and got a great deal the trailing arms with everything, including 40/40 P.V Master Cyn. 15/16 Brake Booster...All for $100!! But Im waiting on getting some T.A Bushings and then I'll be ready...But thinkin bout the S.S brake lines too?? :thumb:
By xswingkidx
Punksz6 wrote:Nice!! I just picked up a 95 GSR rear disc conv. too but I got lucky and got a great deal the trailing arms with everything, including 40/40 P.V Master Cyn. 15/16 Brake Booster...All for $100!! But Im waiting on getting some T.A Bushings and then I'll be ready...But thinkin bout the S.S brake lines too?? :thumb:

That is definitely a good deal. When I was looking at the SS brake lines, they seemed like they are great if you are racing, etc. Since this is my DD, I figured I would rather put the money into other areas and am going with the oem brake lines.
By xswingkidx
#125447 I picked up a Type R master cylinder, Type R brake booster, Skunk 2 coilovers and KYB AGX struts for the civic this week. I'm lining up some time to use the lift at a friend's shop and as long as that works out, I'll have the rear disc and all of the above mentioned items on the car by the end of the weekend.
By xswingkidx
#126400 I have been collecting parts for my brake and suspension upgrades for quite awhile and this car is being modded extremely slowly due to finances. Anyway, the civic got a 4040 prop valve, rear disc, urethane trailing arm bushings, type R master cylinder, Type R brake booster, Skunk2 coilovers and KYB AGX struts today. I'm really happy with the results. It handles great and brakes extremely well. For some reason it doesn't look too low in the pictures but it is still settling. We had to put a jack under it to get it off the lift.

Before:

During:

(DA prop valve with the ej bracket)

After:

By xswingkidx
egsedanguy wrote:so hows the brakes working for ya?

The brakes work great! Going from rear drum and a bad master cylinder to the current setup is a huge difference. The suspension has started to settle now too so it is riding a lot better (and sitting a lot lower).