Post YOUR Coupe here
By ej2rey
#108301 That's a very minty ass body! :thumb:
And 89k? That's awesome. Its like almost brand new lol.
By xswingkidx
#111869 So I guess this is what I get for bragging about having a mint condition civic...
Had a blowout on the freeway this morning that did a pretty good number on my rear quarter panel. Its hard to tell from the pics (lame camera) but the paint is scratched up pretty bad along with the bumper and the metal portion that the bumper attaches to. I have full coverage so I'm hoping my insurance company can take care of it in a timely manner since I'm pretty much broke.

By ej2rey
#111900 Ouch! I think we junx you bro.
By Vti93T
#111902 aww I've been there before..my tire didn't look that bad but it was peeled off like that ..sucks
By xswingkidx
Jdm_Katie wrote:aww I've been there before..my tire didn't look that bad but it was peeled off like that ..sucks

I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing but hopefully it all works out with the insurance company. I'm supposed to get a call to have an agent check it out within 24 hours so I'll know the official word then. In the meantime I have a sweet (read: lame and gutless) rental car to drive around. Given the time of day, I'm really lucky that I didn't hit anyone or cause more damage. It was kind of funny to dodge my own tread on the freeway later today while driving my rental.
By kir1
#111962 congrats its a really clean base to work from. lowered on a set of nice wheels and she'll be looking even better
By xswingkidx
#112920 I got my insurance check so the civic should be back on the road shortly.
I picked these HXs up today to replace my stock steel wheels. They are all in good condition with brand new Pirelli tires and two sets of center caps...not bad for 185 dollars. I'm going to either polish them or powder coat them since the paint isn't a very good quality.

By Vti93T
#112940 you said your car is an ex?
By xswingkidx
Jdm_Katie wrote:you said your car is an ex?

Yes ma'am
By Punksz6
#113144 Dam that sucks about the blowout... At least u got ur check and its back on road with out the spare on there. Like the Hx Wheels what color will u get them powder coated if u do? :)
By xswingkidx
Punksz6 wrote:Dam that sucks about the blowout... At least u got ur check and its back on road with out the spare on there. Like the Hx Wheels what color will u get them powder coated if u do? :)

If I powder coat them I'm thinking black powder coat with a polished lip. As it stands though, I'm leaning heavily towards polishing the rims completely.

I made some progress getting them stripped today but it was getting too late to keep at it. They are all pretty much in this condition now.

By xswingkidx
#113652 Had setback on the progress last night when I realized that the HX rims wouldn't clear the calipers on my car. I took care of that tonight with a grinder and a little help from a friend. I'm really happy with the result but unfortunately couldn't get a good shot of the car since it is so dark out. I'll post better pics tomorrow once it is day light. I'm thinking of painting the H in the center cap red. Thoughts?

By xswingkidx
#113784 Here is how they look on the car...

and one without the sign...
By Punksz6
#114014 Pretty dang clean!! The came out nice and the H red would look great!! :thumb:
By xswingkidx
#115431 The next round of modifications has now commenced.