Post YOUR Coupe here
By HiTec
#335586 Parking Pole arrived:

By HiTec
#335587 Next step: OEM JDM Honda Access Hatchback/Coupe Optional Stainless Steel Door Sills

By HiTec
#335588 Yesterday i removed the unused wires and wrapped the ABS/TCS main harness:

Why the power steering cooler line has been looped like this?:

Parking Pole and Front Fog light installation:

Fogs installed. Carbon Fiber covers will be swapped from my EG8 in some day:

It was a pleasure to install the OEM-harnesses. In up there is OEM Front Foglight harness and below there is a OEM Parking Pole harness:

Did you see my point? Look at the green tapes:

"...by first installing the two plastic wire ties with clip on the harness in the areas where the green tape is wrapped..."

It was sooo easy to install it clean, cause Honda had marked the correct clips installation points to the harnesses :)

Then some fabrication:

Thanks Mr. deschlong!

By HiTec
#335604 JDM Yo!

By HiTec
#335698 OEM Stainless Steel Door Sills arrived today. I was little scared cause the package was little bent:

But fortunately they were fine :)

They are little dirty and not installed in these pics. I need to clean the old 2 sided tape and apply new 3M Tape to them.

The other thing that i did today was removal of some small surface rust spots and painted the cleaned surface with zinc/epox:

Then i also ordered new OEM Floor Mats. P/N: 08P15-SR0-110 Color NH1 / Type D

IMO They look so much better than those striped ones:

I just want to give a BIG THANKS to one particular ebay seller: lec_motorsports. Without his help I could not have bought those mats. Easily the best customer service that I´ve ever experienced!

http://stores.ebay.com/lecmotorsportsparts
By Punksz6
#335763 :thumb:
By HiTec
#335996 Mats arrived and they look perfect! big thanks to lec_motorsports!

They are much darker in real life. But the camera didnt really catch it. They have a really nice effect :)

By HiTec
#336580 It was a rainy day in couple of weeks ago, so I thought to clean up the dashboard:

When the sunshine came back, I removed the surface rust from the floor:

I noticed something strange when removing the side sills:

What is this?

And why the wiring works was made like this?:

Previous owner did some undersealing...

...But in this case it wasnt doing any good, cause the underseal was applied straight over the debris and other shit -> accelerates rusting :x

Needs some fresh metal...

I also started to do some wire tuck, but nothing serious in here:

Then i bought Asus Nexus 7 (2013 model) to be my new I.C.E front end :)

Just a raw test fitting:

Then i did some shopping:

Civic 92-00 OEM Hood Insulator:

JDM Optional Bronze Door 1 DIN pocket:

OEM cable channel to the passengers side. Eases up some wire routing :)

Its very hard to get a good picture from those floor mats, strange light gray to dark grey effect :)

Part number:

ABS-wire harness retrofit:

Cluster ABS-light wire:

Then i also used some fosfor acid to remove even the tiniest rust spots from the metal:

The my JDM bronze lid 1 DIN pocket came and i gave it a good clean, removed the scratches and polished it:

Then i bought a rare EJ1/2 Coupe third brake light from Malaysia:

And also another EG/EJ BNIB parking pole and also a Power Folding Mirror switch, which is in very nice condition (please excuse the dirt):

Is this the OEM-Power Folding relay location? Can someone confirm? This is the only place where i can install this cause the other possible place will be used for Cruise Control computer and Headlight Washer System relay:

Power Folding mirrors will also be controlled by the alarm door lock pulses.

Then we are coming to this day:

Some chemicals:

Protecting the new floor mats from the dirt and moisture:

Water test after application and drying:

Bilt Hamber Deox-C, Deox-Gel and Hydrate 80 usage:

After drying:

And after seam sealer:

Edit: Current progress:

- OEM JDM EG/EJ Parking Pole (BNIB) /Bought & Installed
- OEM EDM/USDM Optional 2DIN Audio Console (BNIB) /Bought
- OEM JDM Optional 1 DIN Bronze pocket /Bought & Installed
- OEM JDM Power Folding Heated Side mirrors /Bought, Modded to LHD & Installed
- OEM Civic 92-95 NH-1 floor mats (BNIB) / Bought, Protected & Installed
- OEM Drivers side power door lock upgrade /Bought & Installed
- OEM CDM/USDM Cruise Control retrofit
- OEM JDM Auto Climate Control retrofit
- OEM JDM Low Fuel light retrofit /Wiring Ready, Fuel Sender missing
- OEM JDM Door open indicator retrofit
- OEM JDM 93-95 Coupe third brake light /Bought
- OEM Civic 92-00 Hood Insulator /Bought used, (BNIB already ordered)
- OEM ABS retrofit /Main & Secondary harness Bought & Installed
Last edited by HiTec on Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By HiTec
#337086 Thanks! It takes time, but its worth it :)

So, its still unclear if this will be a B18C or K-Series build. Both will require ABS-system to pass inspection and K-Series swap also requires a very difficult and problematic exceptional licence :(

As i said earlier, i bought EG Sedan ABS-main and secondary harness from Germany, and removed the unnecessary wires from it. I was curious about the ITR Spec 98 ABS system and EG ABS system differences. I was sure that ITR ABS system is superior when comparing to EG:s, so I studied both systems schematics to learn the differences, and find out how much work there is involved to modify the EG harness to work with ITR:s ABS-parts.

After some intense studying, I made the decision to make a ITR ABS-system retrofit. Here is my findings:

This is the first version about the differences (in Finnish):

Here is a snapshot from my Excel file that i did to ease up things:

As you can see, there is just couple of modifications to do to EG:s main harness.

For the other things, here is some random pics from interior. All thing aren´t clean yet, (sorry for that) but in my opinion the interior will look awesome when its fully ready and cleaned! :)

Seat belt thingys looked bad so I fixed them a little:

Here is just that lower flap cleaned up, still upper one to make.

Seat Belt Indicator harness added (could someone please give me any info about how this system works? Is it ICU dependent or can it work without ICU? Is the Seat Belt indicator light part of the ICU:s bulb check circuit?:

Also the PFMS arrived, but it looked bad. There was a 2cm scratch in the "Mirror" button, button "feel" was bad and there was a annoying sound coming from the PFM button.

This is a pic from the starting condition:

Dissassembly:

Changing the rear cover, upper one is old (yellowed :o ) and the lower one is new:

Changing the "MIRROR" button, upper one is old, and the lower one is new (Keep in mind that the replacement parts must be from -94 (or was it -93?) or newer switch, cause older switches have different looking surface and painting.):

I had also couple spare switches, so I dissassembled them all and tested the rubber thingys. I gathered 4 of those that had the best "feel" and used them in this PFMS. (Yes there was a differences in the "feedback".)

Switch housing dissassembled and fully cleaned:

There was a Malaysian dust in the switches surface which made the unpleasant sound:

And here is fully refurbished and cleaned switch installed to my dash (also check out the brand new sunroof switch) :)

Then i added the folding wire to the Mirror switch harness (BLU/YEL):

I also received the Coupe third brake light. I dissassembled it and noticed that the foam was brittled so the light "leaked" a little:

This is the last pic i took from it before the phone battery died:

To be continued in some day, thanks for reading and sorry for picture flooding! :)
By Punksz6
#337708 Looking Great!! You do some Awesome Work! :thumb:
By HiTec
#337856 Thanks!

I´ve done some misc work, no pics yet. But I also bought new rims for this build :)

By HiTec
#338047 Great to hear, thanks for the comment! :)

Some misc work done, looks very dirty, but its not:

Eliminating Headlight Washer relay rattle against the Cruise Control unit. Cruise Control bracket also gets the Power Folding Mirror relay:

Cleaning ECU bracket with Deox-Gelillä:

Epoxy/Zinc paint:

New yellow passivated bolts:

Removing the AC-line cover (I will install JDM Auto Climate Control system to this from my EG8):

I removed the heaterbox to clean it up (pita to remove):

I bought push mount zip ties to ease up wiring work:

Then i bought 1,5mm thick single sided foam tape to repair my Coupe third brake light:

This light leak was the problem:

Tape is exactly like OEM, so it was easy to replace the cracked one with new :) :

My next part order is already in transit. BNIB OEM Hood Insulator and EK JDM Air Refiner :lol: