Post YOUR Coupe here
By CopyLifted
#348250 Some goodies arrived today for my k swap. Mounts and axles! Sorry for the blurry pic. :eh:

By CopyLifted
#348296 More k series swap goodies!

I need to take a look at what else I need, but I know I need a crank pulley and half shaft still. I'm pretty sure, aside from those little odds and ends that goes with doing any swap and what I previously mentioned, I have everything.

Just need to get a trans in the ek. One of the problems right now though is, my jack don't work lol and I once again need an engine hoist. I'll figure it out though. I did once before haha.
By CopyLifted
egsedanguy wrote:So nice :shock:

It really is some quality parts! Thanks.

Something I forgot to update. Saturday I set out to fix the intake cam being one tooth off. I spent HOURS trying to figure out if it was right. With everything set at TDC, the intake side of the chain has slack in it. So when you release the tensioner, it throws the crank off half to a full tooth according to the marks. Although the chain and cams are set right. So after some research, I was told it was fine. I hope so lol.

With that taken care of, I'll make sure the head and cam bolts are torqued to spec. Then pull the pan and check the bearings just to be sure.

It's been so hot here though I don't even want to go outside. I'll probably do that this weekend.
By egsedanguy
#348324 If my memory is correct, the k motors have a issue with the timing tensioner. I see people swap them for a differnt type. One that uses a dampner rather than the manuel style. Its suppose to keep it from sliping.
By CopyLifted
egsedanguy wrote:If my memory is correct, the k motors have a issue with the timing tensioner. I see people swap them for a differnt type. One that uses a dampner rather than the manuel style. Its suppose to keep it from sliping.

Yeah, while doing my research, I had read that the OEM k series tensioner was a "known problem" with aftermarket cams. I'm going to have to sell off more parts for a crank pulley, half shaft and an aftermarket tensioner lol. Nah, I'll stick with the OEM one for now.

Civic Savior wrote:Looking good. Cant wait to see it in the car. And i hear you about the heat...almost regret the AC delete i did to my EG lol

My complete AC setup has been sitting in my trunk since I did the b18 swap lol. My intentions where to have it installed by this summer. that didn't happen obviously.

Still WAY too hot to go out and work on anything. I did buy some Hondabond today though lol.
By CopyLifted
egsedanguy wrote:I would do just a tensioner. That way its done now and not a problem when you put it in. Looks good tho. Wish I had money to build a k for mine. :(

I am going to get a new tensioner just to be on the safe side. there isn't much room on that side in an eg once it's in place.

I bought a new jack today! I might do the tranny swap in the ek tomorrow or Sunday. Maybe Monday lol. Just depends on if I have time this weekend to be honest. My wife is running for county commissioner so she's been keeping me busy.
By CopyLifted
#348508 The gamble paid off on that wrecked civic. I got the b16 trans in the ek and it works fine.

Now I can focus on the k20a2 swap. If I can find the time.
By CopyLifted
egsedanguy wrote::woot: cant wait to see more progress and the motor inside the car. :thumb:

I'll be posting pics as soon as it begins. Just not sure when that will be.

@Civic Savior

Please keep your eyes and ears open in our area for anybody looking for a COMPLETE b18b1 swap. Everything to drop it in an eg and fire it up.

'94 B18B1 with roughly 120k original miles (I can get more precise with mileage if I look at my cluster lol), ls trans (no grinds, pop-outs, weird noises), mounts, ecu, shift linkage with shifter, header and axles (although drivers side needs replaced). Whale penis intake not included, but will include the one on my ek.

New timing belt, water pump, tensioner, flywheel, clutch, throw out bearing and pilot bearing 20k ago.

It could probably use a valve adjustment and spark plugs. Also has a small oil leak at the pan.

Runs strong. Doesn't smoke or burn oil. Selling for obvious reason lol. Can ride before buy. $1000 for everything. For $1300 I'd throw in the jdm gsr head. Needs a cam gear though lol.

Just a heads up bud!

Pic taken about 30 minutes ago.
By Axix23
#348582 awesome build. You will love the k swap. Its worth every penny! :thumb:
By CopyLifted
Axix23 wrote:awesome build. You will love the k swap. Its worth every penny! :thumb:

Thanks man! yeah, the more I read about what people have to say about these k series motors, the happier I am about just jumping in head first with gathering the parts.

I've got the b18b1 that's in it listed on craigslist. I don't want to pull it until it's sold. easier to sell that way. I've had lots of interest, but nobody has shown me cash yet lol.

I've still got some inspecting of the k20 to do too. I figure when the engine gets sold that will force me to get it pulled and start the k20 swap process. The only issue i'm going to have is i'm not sure how many sunny days we have left. And I don't have a garage lol.