Post YOUR Coupe here
By CopyLifted
#353612 My cxracing radiator came today. Not really expecting a lot out of this radiator other than to keep it cool for this summer. If it atleast lasts until next spring, I'll be happy lol.

By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:Looks clean with that slim fan. Did it hurt the wallet?

Not too bad. $150. I just wanted something that will get me through the summer and winter, then I'll spring for a fluidyne or mishimoto. :thumb:

I know somebody here local that is running this same radiator in a boosted b20 hatch and has had no issues with it. Although I'm not sure how long he's had it lol.
By CopyLifted
#353646 New radiator is in. Haven't driven it far but it seems like it will do the job for now.

After I got it done, I noticed my water pump was leaking lol. Purely coincidental I'm sure. Yesterday I noticed a small puddle under my car at work. Didn't really think it was coming from my car though. When I went to drain the radiator, I noticed the coolant level was lower than I had ever seen it. Still didn't put two and two together lol. Finished it up and noticed it leaking lol.

That was a new water pump bought 10/8/14. It lasted a whole 7 months. POS! Put the original OEM pump back on it and it's good to go. I replaced it just to be sure while the motor was out. Shouldn't have wasted my money lol.

By CopyLifted
#353653 So I'm off to my Grandsons 1 year B-day party and the guy I ordered Kpro through just sent me these pics:

Kpro V4 is here and ready for pick up!
By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:Yea man!! Time for a tune!! See if you can get some of that wheel spin under control lol. Amd that sucks about the water pump :thumbdown:

Dyno tune is scheduled for Saturday at 12! At Max Motors in Eugene and will be tuned by Vit Tuned!

Wanna ride along?
By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:Hell yea!! I will call off of work for that lol. Let me see if i can work it out :thumb:

Let me know. But, it may not be worth losing a day of pay man. Also, if she blows on the dyno, we are hitch hiking back lol.

The RBC intake is now installed. Apparently I had a small oil leak at the front of the valve cover. Dirt/dust collected under the intake cover and on the valve cover. looks horrible! Oh well. Defiantly feels like a loss of power with the stock ecu. Hopefully she holds up until my dyno tune appointment Saturday lol. Was told by Vit that as long as i take it easy, it will be fine.

Had hood clearance issues and TPS hitting the top radiator hose. Had to move the radiator over a bit which didn't really help. TPS is still up against the hose, but i put something there so it doesn't poke a hole in it lol. Wasn't a smart thing to do working 10 hour shifts and the appointment is 3 days away. No time after work to do anything. Not happy with it at all. But I have to make it there Saturday with this intake on!

I have a lot to address after the tune and when I get time. We are starting the busy time of year at work.

By Civic Savior
#353729 I can bring the hatch as a back up plan? Just in case something happens. Intake looks nice despite the new fitment issues. Will the cover fit it still?
By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:I can bring the hatch as a back up plan? Just in case something happens. Intake looks nice despite the new fitment issues. Will the cover fit it still?

Thanks man! No, the intake cover is completely different for this manifold. I may pick one up for the RBC at some point.

PM'ing you!
By CopyLifted
#353742 Tomorrow's the big day for the dyno tune! Civic Savior is going to follow in case of problems. And the fact that he wants to see the whole operation lol.

There shouldn't be any problems. This motor is healthy. But you never know.

I think I'm more nervous than excited to be honest lol.
By TrailerTrash
#353747 taking videos?
By CopyLifted
TrailerTrash wrote:taking videos?

I will update tomorrow with videos. Long day and I am BEAT!
By CopyLifted
#353793 Sorry a little late, but here it is.

First let me say thanks to civic savior for riding shotgun and getting to experience this. It made the trip much more enjoyable. After getting the car tuned, nobody was going to wipe that ear to ear smile off his face lol. I think he enjoyed it! haha

Ok now, let's get right to the point. It made 197whp and 146lbft torque on his dynopack.

There are some reasons why I didn't get into the 200's. I'm running the basic k-tuned swap header for now. These where designed as a budget header. Not for high flow. Also, I'm still running the 2.5" Yonaka exhaust. Again, it's not a high flowing performance exhaust. Also, a k series LOVES 3" exhaust.

Also, he sent me a friend request on Facebook when I got home and told me about the cars that made 190 and 210 on different dynos and make 160 and 167, respectively, on his dynopack. So, take that for what it is. I'm not worried about the numbers. A dyno is a tuning tool.

Once I do some upgrades to the exhaust and go back to him, if I make more power on his dynopack, then I made more power. i can't take it to another dyno after the upgrades because then I'll never truly know.

With all that said, HOLY SHIT this thing is a BEAST! It's a day and night difference. Oh, and vtec was set at 3900 because that's where my motor LOVES to make power!

These aren't the best videos. It was kind of cramped and I didn't want to get in the way. I tried to capture the screen showing one of the final pulls but it's hard to make out lol. Anyway, enjoy!

BTW, we had good company just hanging out!

Ready to go!

A few pulls!

http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v17 ... vdxi1e.mp4
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v17 ... tp5h3e.mp4
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v17 ... wz8t6l.mp4
http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v17 ... dg1fhz.mp4

Final results! (for now)

civic savior, in case you where wondering, he sent me a message on Facebook and told me that Mustang put down 413whp. I know you were curious lol.
Last edited by CopyLifted on Tue May 19, 2015 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.