Post YOUR Coupe here
By EJ civic Juan
#330925 i have a 94 civic ex i just had the head gasket replaced, head has new valve seals and valves and resurfaced, new thermostat fan works water pump is pushing plenty of water but my car over heats after driving on high way and city for like 7 minutes and it also stutters when i try to give it gas to pass someone up. my VTEC is not working and the exhaust blows white smoke. oh and it burns oil :x :cry: :shock: :( :o people say that its my block well i understand that because it burns oil and car runs like s$!@ if u have any ideas please let me know thanks
By brandoff88
#330953 sounds to me your piston rings are bad if the head was rebuilt, and with the white smoke, someone obviously didn't do the head gasket right or didn't double check something....block or head could be warped from excessive overheating, most likely if you had it done already it may be beyond repair....I hope not but Id double check some stuff, and did you put new head bolts or arp head studs in, because I know that you can only use em once and that could definitely cause the overheating and smoke if you cant get a good seal between the head and block...
By EJ civic Juan
#330962 the old head was warped this is a new head came back good and not sure if the same head bolts were used my buddie did it as i bought the car from him he said he would make it right but takes too long to make repairs he said that the piston outer walls are warped and is causing the coolant not to flow properly and yes i can tell its the piston rings are bad but need to adress the issue with over heat
By EJ civic Juan
#330963 could bad rings cause my motor to stutter and it takes for ever to even hit higher revs like with normal cars i would be at red line but mine would be at like 4k rpm and my clutch and trans is good
By HeikDiesel
#330983 What check engine lights do you have. Also it's an EX but the VTEC isn't working? I would fix that first off.
By EJ civic Juan
#331005 i have zero check engine lights and yes its a EX D16Z6, should i just buy another block?
By Zackman
#331010 I would definitely replace the piston rings,and head gasket. Take the motor out and check the block for warpage or scoring, but it is completely possible that you can re use it. Make sure to use OEM or better for all gaskets so you won't have to worry about it in the future. You won't know until it's out though.

Head gasket repair
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2865

Engine removal
http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=22

Let us know when you find out what's wrong! Good luck to you!
By EJ civic Juan
#331051 yea i am going to definetly do that do that ill be uploading pictures as i go along thank you guys for the support and info ill be keeping you updated on whats going on