Post YOUR Coupe here
By MHG
#309721 Last saturday, 2 friends came over to do some work on the civic. The original plan was to do some work on the wiring. Somehow we ended up ripping out the fuel lines, the fuel tank and swapping out the rear drum brakes for disk brakes. :what:

While we were doing this, we also installed a set of Function7 LCA's, i had laying around for the last 3 years. Obviously some of the bolts got wrecked in the process, so i'll have to go to the dealers today to order some new ones.

Just a simple Iphone-pic:
By crazy-88
#310245 very nice build man. hope u get that engine in there soon.
By fago88
#310399 could be a build up from rice to nice :D
By MHG
#310524 Installed my Beaks tie bar together with a pair of new suspension bolts.

Also ordered a few parts today including a new clutch for the K. When that arrives, i will try to have the engine and tranny painted, so we can mount the engine in the car. That will give me some more room in the garage.
By MHG
#311333 Update on the Accord:

We discovered some more problems. The HID ballast was shot to hell. Also the PS-pump sounded like it had marbles in it. So another $ 500,- unexpected expenses. The repairs to the car have been approved by the insurance company, so i should be getting my money very soon. If all goes well, we should be able to pick up the accord, this saturday.

Also did some work on the civic last weekend.

I have replaced all the bolts in the rear suspension, as well as re-painted my Koni shocks.

Painted and mounted the hood latch. Don't know if it will stay all black after some time, but we will see.

Put most of the interior wiring back in place, so we can put the K-tuned Conversion harness in.
By MHG
#311425 Worked on the civic for an hour or 2.

Installed the DC2 brake mastercylinder and S2000 clutch cylinder with Checkerd Sports spacer. Also installed the pedals on the inside. So i have an idea how i'm going to route the K-tuned conversion harness

Put back part of the heating system to see where there would be room for the conversionharness and where i'm going to pull the engineharness through the firewall.

Also did a provisional wiretuck. I will have to lenghten the wires with about 30cm, this will also give some more play behind the dash to find a good place to mount the engine bay fusebox.
By Punksz6
#311443 Looking Good! :thumb:
By MHG
#313360 The Accord is up and running again. So glad that sh*t is over and done.

Finished the passenger side wire tuck on the civic. I'll probably have to lengthen the wires going to the fan, but i'm going to wait with this untill i've bought a fan and have decided where it's going to be mounted. I decided to run the wires outside the frame in stead of through the frame, because in that case i only had to lengthen one wire. I'm a bit lazy, can't help it. Also put the gearbox on a stand, so i can clean and paint it. If i find the time, it will probably be ready at the end of this week.

By MHG
#316912 Did nothing on the car for about 1.5 month. Started reading some build-threads on K20a and found some motivation as well as some new ideas for my build. Cleaned up my transmission and painted it with 2 coats of a dark grey. I'm not sure if i should shoot another coat of grey or go ahead and shoot the clear. Next up is painting the engine and figuring out how i'm going to run my brakelines. I will be tucking them and using copper lines for all the lines. Maybe i will put some heatschrink over the lines near the BMC, these will be the only visible lines in the end.

By stubrun
#316922 Fantastic build mate. Great project :woot:
By MHG
#323074 Due to a ton of work at my office, i haven't been able to do some work on the civic. On the 23rd an 24th of december, I continued with the wire-tuck on the driverside. Also tucked the wires to the BMC and roughly put the conversion harness in place.

It must have been a X-mas miracle. On the 27th of december, I had done something to the car or the motor every day for the last four days. Yesterday i stripped down the K20, so i can clean it and get it ready for some paint. Just need to clean off the really dirty pieces and maybe spray the first layers of paint this weekend.

On the 29th, i took some time to work on our daily. When that was done, i went out and bought a few wired brushes for the drill and cleaned up the K some more.

On the 30th i did a few little things, like degrease the K and replace the trans to bellhousing bolts with polished ones.

Today i fired up the heat in the garage, did the last bit of degreasing and taped up everything that shouldn't be painted on the K. Then i shot about 3 coates of dark grey heat resistant paint.

Just need to paint and mount al the loose engine components, change the clutch and mount the trans.
By MHG
#325519 Today i shot the clear coat on the engine, starter and tensioner and put 2 coats of color on the intake manifold. Also put the painted VC on along with the hamp oil filter, to see how it will look in the end.

Next up, is to clear the intake and gearbox, fit the clutch and pressure plate and marry the engine and gearbox again.
By kylenjdm93
#325547 any plans on getting rid of the 2 tone paint job? some people like it, some people dont.

kswaps are the vag of the honda world, a nice tight fit in your bay, then you ride it hard all day long and put it away wet wanting more the next day, havent driving mine in 4 months, too cold and nasty outside here, its finally reaching 50degrees outside. yaya!
By MHG
#325549 No plans on getting rid of the 2tone. I still like it very much.