Post YOUR Coupe here
By Apexracing
#288752 whites going to be a bitch to clean. And sweet! I want to pick up a second vc so i can wrinkle red one for my ep3.
By MHG
#288755 Yeah, I know. But with the wiretuck, brakeline-tuck and AN-fuel lines it will be a lot easier to clean.
By Apexracing
#288757 Well get work done :thumb: Lets see some progress:)
By BIGT94z
#289154 Killer project. Can't wait to see more progress on the swap :thumb:
By MHG
#289176 The problem i have is that my painter doesn't work on saturdays and when i'm done working during the week, he is already closed. I'm going to give him a call this week, maybe he will make an exception for me and open the shop on a saturday.
By 1ACarlos
#289208 Welcome. That two tone looks awesome
By MHG
Apexracing wrote:whites going to be a bitch to clean. And sweet! I want to pick up a second vc so i can wrinkle red one for my ep3.

I bought a second valve cover from a CRV in the UK, shipped to the Netherlands for $80. LMAO
By MHG
#298726 Didn't do much for a while, but got started again this weekend. Tried to remove the catalytic converter, but unfortunately the bolts that connect it to the mid-pipe are so rusted they won't come off. On the other side the mid pipe is not in the best shape, so I'll probably throw the old one out and just buy a new mid-pipe.

Next step was to remove the entire front suspension including the steering rack + the subframe. Not that hard of a job, i turned an old wooden pallet into a trolley. Then unbolted al the subframe bolts under the car and dropped the car with the subframe on the trolley. Then it's just a matter of unbolting the last 2 bolts on the subframe, the shocks and the upper control arms. Then jack up the car and pull out the complete front suspension on the trolley.

So you're left with a nice empty engine bay, which is easy to clean and sand.

Next step is to remove the rear brake lines and clean and sand the engine bay.
By MHG
#300497 A friend of mine came over today, to do some work on the shitvic. First we figured out the mounting position for the radiator. I followed a tip from Ba82Ep3. Turns out the upper radiator brackets from a 5th gen prelude are ideal to use as lower brackets. For the top i used 2 S2K brackets. This was al just a test fit. Before the car goes to the painters, i will clean up the brackets and paint them black.

I will probably use the original EJ2 overflow tank and mount it in the wheel well, in the spot where the filter form my CAI used to be.

After a well deserved beer, we started cutting the hole for the DC5-shifter. This turns out to be peanuts with the manual provide with the Karcepts mounting plate.

And after everything is test fitted, you end up with a picture that most K-swappers will probably have on their hard-drive.

I'm going to contact the painter this week to make an appointment and figure out where the wiring harness will go through the Fire wall.
By MHG
#304017 The last weeks i have mainly been busy with refurbishing the front suspension. Because everything was apart i decided to give my Koni´s a new coat of yellow paint and install the new Weitec springs. Meanwhile the engine bay also was sanded down using scoth pads. Yesterday i re-installed the front suspension. This could be handy, since the car has to go on a trailer to go to the painters. Everythong went smooth, except for the upper control arms. The bolt keeps turning inside the rubber, so i can't tighten the nut. This happened on both sides, so i guess i will have to get 2 replacement upper control arms.

The holes covered with masking tape will be welded up.

Cleaned up the inside of the fire wall so the painter will have room to work his magic.

For the first time on all fours in about 6 months.

If everything goes as planned, the civic will go to the painters on Wednesday.
By fatcoupe
#304057 looking crazy good sir! :thumb:
By MHG
#304149 Contacted the painter today, appointment has been made. Wednesday afternoon, i'm going to pick up his trailer and bring the civic to his shop, so he can work his magic.

Just need to unplug the dash harness at the doors and get it out the way. Then i'm going to do a final check of the engine bay, to see if i sanded in every nook and cranny.
By Punksz6
#304159 :thumb:
By MHG
#304873 Took the civic to the paintshop last wednesday. For some welding and paint.

Before i did that, i decided to give my daily Accord a Facelift. About $11.500 worth of damages.

Now i have to wait to hear from my insurance. I will probably be buying the wreck from my insurance and then fix it myself. There is no damage to the frame. The radiator support is f*cked up and so are the headlight, hood, bumper and wing. Also some minor damages to a PS-line. I will probably get about $ 12.000 for the car minus what i have to pay for the wreck. The parts to fix it will be about $ 3000, so that will leave some extra cash for the K-swap. Nevertheless i was really down, because i crashed it. I really like the Accord with the K24 and it's the car that brought home my first born.
By MHG
#309720 Civic back from the painters, reaady to be rebuild: