Post YOUR Coupe here
By strykr
#330907 Well I ended up having to work till 9pm last night and the autoclub was closed already, so I will hopefully be off work at a normal time so that I can grab the comp tester. I was planning on just pulling the muffler tonight as that will help with diagnostics (not having 3 holes for exhaust leaks lol)

I have decided that if the headgasket is the issue then I will be just swapping to a z6 head since Ill be halfway done the job by changing the headgasket. I have been wanting to do a minime setup anyways, but I wanted to get the car plated first before I did the swap so that I could drive it to the club to work on it... but it seems I wont be so lucky.. and even more now since I found out my ex got a few tickets against my license that I have to pay off to get my cars registered by end month, Yay :x
Last edited by strykr on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By strykr
#330947 So its the headgasket.. which I will now be going ahead with my z6 swap, also tried to remove the muffler but it will need to be cut off now..

Found out the previous owner had a remote starter and did a hack job on the wiring plus never gave me the remote when I purchased the car, so I pull it out and fixed all the wiring.

Update: I decided to slowly start removing parts for removing the head, I pulled off the FITV, IACV and throttle body.. man were they ever built up with carbon deposits!! Even the inside of the intake manifold was pitch black. Seems I will also be needing to replace every coolant and vacuum hose too since a lot of them aren't in the best condition. The more I dig into this car, the more this project is starting to become fun.. Minus it seems a lot my tools seem to have walked away with friends (all my 10mm tools mostly). Also removed the driver seat to get access to clean the floor under it and the passenger seat will be tomorrow.

Update: I pulled my full interior apart to clean every detail since the previous owner never did. Found everything you could think of.. $20 bill, change, food, animal hair, condom wrapper lol and lots more. Took me a while to pull everything from the interior out (minus the headliner) and clean. So other then a few small broken parts inside the car, this thing is in perfect condition inside.. outside is another story lol Since I will be home alone this weekend, I will hopefully have the time to rip apart the head in preparation for the minime swap soon.
The weather is finally starting to warm up, so now its getting easier to work longer out doors on the car.

On a side note, I have been thinking that a possible issue I have seen before with recently changed headgasket issues have been them not being torqued down properly or even at all. I never even bothered to check when I had the valve cover off today, so I will check tomorrow.
By lmlp640r
#331013 This car is lucky to have such a caring new owner - keep up the good work :thumb:
By strykr
#331014 Thanks I've always wanted to completely "restore" an EJ, so this will be a fun DD project.
By strykr
#331295 Well today I went to the auto wreckers and picked up a few things.
- Z6 Head (complete)
- Z6 Intake Manifold
- Si Gauge cluster and new cluster surround

Still need to pick up a new timing belt, water pump belt and head gasket to finally be able to start driving the car. Should only be a few weeks till the car is in a decent condition other then needing to replace the rear quarter panels.
By 94EJ2
#331317 Not saying the mini me is a bad engine but u have a Ls just begging to go in the civic I speak from experience L's civics pull hard and by my understanding you are not going to fix the integra so build the motor for the civic
By strykr
#331321 The integra popped its motor and I want to stay D only because I've done B and K, but never D.. I know it's slow unless its boosted.. But this is going to be a daily so I'd rather have more MPG with less power.. And even with a turbo I can lean the d more for MPG. But right now I want a running car with a mint body.
By strykr
#333386 Just got back from being on the otherside of the country on a course and finally had sometime without rain to get work done on my swap. I pulled the stock d15b7 head off and wouldve had the z6 installed, but I only have one dowel pin on the z6 and the only one on the b7 isnt in the greatest of shape either, so I got the dealership in town to order me another one. Hopefully the weather channel is wrong about this week so that it wont down-pour so that I can have the car up and running this week, been driving me nuts not being able to take it for a spin.

Edit: I started removing the A/C system out and will also be looping the steering rack as a temp till I get a proper manual rack installed.
By strykr
#336043 Its been a while since Ive updated! After getting the dowel pins, I installed the minime and had it running just to find out after 10 minutes of driving that the car is still burning coolant.. Head bolts are stretched (reused..), so I put the car off to the side burner as I was tight on money. But now I'm back in the game, I will be placing an order Friday on Amazon for a Evergreen gasket set that comes with head bolts for $60 so that I can hopefully not have any more issues and have this car up and running!!!

I've also recently picked up a noname bucket seat, p28 ecu, amp & sub(since its a DD) and AEM intake tube, all from an auto wreckers close by for dirt cheap!

While I'm waiting for the parts to ship here I will be installing my MOMO steering wheel & quick hub, welding mounting brackets for the bucket seat, installing the amp and sub and pick up a wiper switch.
By strykr
#348403 AND... A year later I finally actually get the car running LOL I had it running last year for about three days then as I went to get it registered the head cracked and I let the car rest while I built up my GenCoupe more and used it throughout the winter.

Now I finally have it running again with nearly a new motor, also decided to build my LSV to drop in next spring. But now that I have this thing back up and running I will get around to doing everything I wanted to do that I never got around to doing:/
By strykr
#348588 I picked up a few things this last weekend at Pick n Pull during their 50% off sale.

I got a EK Cluster, 2 Recaro knock off bucket seats, a new wiper switch and a EK center console for $50 which is a pretty good deal I think.

Dumb me though, I forgot to take the connectors for the back of the EK cluster. Im still trying to figure out a way to install the EK cluster without having to drill a hole into the eg cluster or make a arm for the trip reset as I think it looks horrible from most of the HowTo's I've found.

I still need to repaint the seats as they were very badly sun faded and than weld them to the sliders.

Also got the wiper switch replaced thankfully as any bump would cause the wipers to go off, so I just broke the arm to stop it from having weight to be able to do that till I got a new switch.

I still need to replace the front bumper which is cracked, flush & bleed the clutch line and also replace the hood that is rusting badly due to the bra that was on there for who knows how many years lol

Other then these issues the car is coming along very nicely which I'm happy about as Ive missed this car!
By strykr
#348690 Well after trying to bleed the clutch a few times, it looks like I either need to adjust the pedal or I have a bad master/slave.

I'm able to drive and my clutch is good, but my engagement/disengagement point is right near the top of pedal travel. It doesn't seem like I have any air left in the line, but there is still fluid in the line that is pitch black. So I'm thinking I'll try to drain the line and then re-bleed the system and if that doesn't work then adjust the pedal before I try to replace parts.