Post YOUR Coupe here
By lmlp640r
Civic_HatchSI wrote:Love the retrofit, nice job!

Thanks! I'm loving the results as well as the look.

Was planning on installing my rear coilovers today but then this white stuff came back this morning. Come on, it's April!

And got some goodies in the mail recently, here's a sneak peak.

By Tomej2wo
#330487 Would u sell any rear lights 50/50s??
By 95kuope
#330491 looking good

I just brought some retrofitted headlights as well
By lmlp640r
#331415 Not much of an update, haven't had a lot of time to work on the car

I dropped the rear some more, I want to lower the front more but can't right now because I'm already rubbing too much. We'll see how it is when I switch wheels.

When I first put the rear coilovers in:

Coil height:

Change:

New height:

Revision of my steelies in progress...

And some more pics of my projectors. The passenger side is bowed, I should have tested them before sealing the headlights. But I can live with it

And this is a comparision of the driver side halogen compared to the passenger side projector

By lmlp640r
#331534 Steelies are finished. I did a quick job since they won't be on the car for too long, but they turned out decent (I just wish I had center caps for them). I might wetsand and wax them at some point. Lowered the front some more and I'm not rubbing at all! I'm pretty sure I will get new tires for my fat fives that are the correct size. I'm thinking 195/50/15, any thoughts?

By lmlp640r
#331566 Used some washers to somewhat correct my rear camber. Took my car to Tires Plus to get an alignment before I leave for the weekend, they couldnt drive my car up the ramp without getting hung up on the bottom. So now I get to drive 1000+ miles and wear down my tires until I have time to go to a different location with a recessed ramp. :thumbdown:

Here's before and after the washers

By lmlp640r
#331817 I relocated my ballast on the driver's side. The wires from the bulbs to the ballasts are very short, so I had ziptied the ballast to the power steering pump hose. It was supposed to be temporary but it's been like that for a while. Now I lengthened the wires and it's nice and tucked in my front bumper.

And got my foglights installed finally, thanks to CyberDictator for dremeling out the holes. He does more work on my car than I do.

Next on the list is DRL's, front lip and sidemarkers. And different bulbs for the foglights to better match the color of the HID's and DRL's. I ordered some H3 LED's for $2.99, so we'll see how those work.
By TrailerTrash
#331820 i really love the look of this car :thumb:
By lmlp640r
TrailerTrash wrote:i really love the look of this car :thumb:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've been watching your car come along too, great job on tackling the rust.

I forgot to add, when I put the fog lights on at first, they started shorting only when the bumper was mounted to the car. I found out the positive/negative wires were swapped on the light housings, so the housing was being energized instead of grounding. I just swapped the wires in the plug and all is well.
By TrailerTrash
lmlp640r wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:i really love the look of this car :thumb:

Thanks, I appreciate it. I've been watching your car come along too, great job on tackling the rust.

I forgot to add, when I put the fog lights on at first, they started shorting only when the bumper was mounted to the car. I found out the positive/negative wires were swapped on the light housings, so the housing was being energized instead of grounding. I just swapped the wires in the plug and all is well.

thanks dude :thumb:

funny thing is i had the exact same problem when i put my EK fogs in :lol:
By brandoff88
#331847 great work bro, love how the look of the steelies compliments what you already did, I want to get fogs too but I need a front bumper first lol. I hope I don't have a lot of the problems people have with them shorting out and not working right...I guess when the time comes ill find out lol. keep up the good work dude! :thumb:
By lmlp640r
brandoff88 wrote:great work bro, love how the look of the steelies compliments what you already did, I want to get fogs too but I need a front bumper first lol. I hope I don't have a lot of the problems people have with them shorting out and not working right...I guess when the time comes ill find out lol. keep up the good work dude! :thumb:

Thanks man. Fogs look sweet, and putting them in was easier than I expected even with the wiring issues. I'm thinking about spraying some nightshade over the foglight covers. Either that or plasti-dip, not sure yet.

Got my LED lights in for daytime running lights.

The yellowish color of the fogs just doesn't look right with the LED's
By gtstripes
#331907 shit dude this is a good thread!!!

i had a problem with my fogs aswell grrr.. but wasnt bad, the power cable was grounding out inside the unit so i got some duct tape and gave it a quick wrap and hasnt had a problem sinse :D