Post YOUR Coupe here
By lmlp640r
Prototype4342 wrote:Yeah I've seen some hypermilers who use a choke cable to open a small hole in their grill block for when it starts getting hot.

That's awesome, I might have to try something like that
By Prototype4342
#313556 I was going to make one with a hinge on the top with a similar setup, if it starts getting hot you push the bottom of the block out to accept air. I wouldn't trust such a small hole, even though it seemed to have worked for that guy. His Civic doesn't look too bad with the Kammback

By lmlp640r
#314358 Someone gave me a can of paint they used to spray their corners amber.

After drying, they got a wetsand and polish. In certain light they look good, but I ran out of paint so they didn't look that great. They didn't stay that way for long anyway.

I decided I wanted to go low but didn't want to cough up money for coilovers. I found a deal on some tein s. tech's which are supposedly ok to use on oem struts. So I dropped the front.

I think it was too low for how soft it was, on bumpy roads i would occasionally scrape. I never put the rear springs on.

My friend had a can of VHT nightshade so I sprayed over my corners.

Didn't really like the look, and blinkers were very dim in daylight. I ended up getting some ebay ambers

Now I know most of you would not "approve" of this, I made the decision to get some Rokkor coilovers. I think they're the same as Raceland but a little stiffer spring rates.

By lmlp640r
#316520 Now to address this issue:

I've been wanting to do this since I bought my car and finally found the time to start it.
I knew there's always more rust than what you can see, but I didn't expect this much:

One quick tip: for getting the rear bumper off, most of the screws along the top edge were stripped. Two vice grips and a little lube and they were off in no time.

Now I don't have a welder and don't have any experience welding, but my dad has had a lot of experience with fiberglass. So after cutting out the rust and applying treatment over the rest of the area, we began filling in with fiberglass. After layers of fiberglass and a little body filler, it was ready for primer.

Now I just had to make a decision on paint.
Last edited by lmlp640r on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By lmlp640r
EJay2 wrote:Its coming out really good... :thumb: it's so clean
R u Gna paint it black or are u Gna go with a different color?

Keep it black...

By lmlp640r
#316930 Ok so spray painting my car... this should be fun. I was hoping for it to look decent but not expecting it.

I didnt want any lines in the paint so I only taped off what I needed to.

Wet sand

This was after the first coat - seeing this was not getting my hopes up

A few more coats

And the other side

After drying it looked a little better, just as long as you were not within 20 feet of the car :wink:

And this was 2-3 weeks later, after the paint curing and several car washes
By lmlp640r
#316931 I did this in between working on my car's cancer treatment

I decided to restore my amber-painted and nightshaded corners:

Got all the paint off with a random orbital, then hand sanded up in grit

One of the corners was broken so I decided to take it apart. I noticed there was a little black dirt inside so I tried rubbing it off - nothing happened. I took a little sandpaper to it and it just smeared, so I sanded a little harder and realized how stupid I was - it wasn't dirt, it was where the chrome paint was coming off. So I kept going and made myself some DIY Black Housing Corners. Has anyone ever done this before? I kinda like them.
By JDMD15B
#317085 Image

is that ride height with the coilovers turned all the way down?
By lmlp640r
JDMD15B wrote:
is that ride height with the coilovers turned all the way down?

No, its with them up about as high as I could get. My friend Jesse and I put them in, and I was gonna go just a little higher but it got so hard to turn even with spring compressors and both of us pushing on the wrenches I gave up. It can go lower, but I wouldn't because of the soft spring rates.

Here is the rear:

It has about an inch left of threads to lower for the rear, but the front can go much much lower.
By Punksz6
#317268 :thumb:
By lmlp640r
#317602 I wetsanded the quarter panels, and then did a lot of buffing. I ended up buffing, polishing, and waxing the whole car. But it was well worth the effort :)
I'm really amazed at how it turned out for a spray paint job. But I guess if you take the time a cheap job can look alright.