Post YOUR Coupe here
By 339
#317603 Good work on the coupe, looks really good. How did you take apart the corner lights? I tried once with a spare set I had but it failed horribly lol.
By onibakagaijin
#317604 Your repairs turned out great and no kidding to a little hard work makes even a cheaper fix look amazing
By lmlp640r
339 wrote:Good work on the coupe, looks really good. How did you take apart the corner lights? I tried once with a spare set I had but it failed horribly lol.

I just used a screwdriver and wedged it in the bottom seam. Pry a little until it starts coming loose and keep moving along towards the outside edge. But one of mine was already broken so it came off easier.

By 339
#317672 I just used a screwdriver and wedged it in the bottom seam. Pry a little until it starts coming loose and keep moving along towards the outside edge. But one of mine was already broken so it came off easier.

Image[/quote]

Did you heat them up at all or did you just pry them lke that? I used a heat gun on mine but they warped and melted after a few seconds of heat lol
By lmlp640r
339 wrote:Did you heat them up at all or did you just pry them lke that? I used a heat gun on mine but they warped and melted after a few seconds of heat lol

No heat, just pried them apart. There's no guaranteeing they won't break, I just did mine cause one was already broken. But if you got an extra set go for it.
By 339
#317710 I gonna try this soon on another set I have. Thanks for the tip
By lmlp640r
#321103 Time for an update

A while ago driving home on the interstate, I started braking on the off-ramp and my car replied with a horrendous noise that worsened every time I had to stop. My passenger side caliper had siezed, and the pad wore all the way through and ate up the rotor pretty bad.

Here's a pad from the driver's side compared to the passenger side

Got some 35W 6000k bi-xenon HID's. Decided they were too obnoxious so I got some Nokya 7000k bulbs. Funny cause the Nokyas are just white, not a hint of blue.

6000K HID's

Put in oem struts for winter

Went out to my car one morning and noticed this, it must have happened in a parking lot the day before

Also I always thought my tires only rubbed on the fenders. But apparently they were rubbing the insides too

And back to winter in North Dakota. Oh well, drifting is fun :hehe:

By lmlp640r
#329845 Finally have warm weather here in ND so took off the snow tires and got a few things done...

Morimoto Mini H1 5.0 retrofit in Spec-D black housings

got some "new" taillights for $10 :wink:

And got the front lowered agin

By lmlp640r
JDMD15B wrote:
is that ride height with the coilovers turned all the way down?

Got a better pic of where the coilovers are at for the front

By lmlp640r
Civic_HatchSI wrote:Love the retrofit, nice job!

Thanks! I'm loving the results as well as the look.

Was planning on installing my rear coilovers today but then this white stuff came back this morning. Come on, it's April!

And got some goodies in the mail recently, here's a sneak peak.

By Tomej2wo
#330487 Would u sell any rear lights 50/50s??
By 95kuope
#330491 looking good

I just brought some retrofitted headlights as well
By lmlp640r
#331415 Not much of an update, haven't had a lot of time to work on the car

I dropped the rear some more, I want to lower the front more but can't right now because I'm already rubbing too much. We'll see how it is when I switch wheels.

When I first put the rear coilovers in:

Coil height:

Change:

New height:

Revision of my steelies in progress...

And some more pics of my projectors. The passenger side is bowed, I should have tested them before sealing the headlights. But I can live with it

And this is a comparision of the driver side halogen compared to the passenger side projector