Post YOUR Coupe here
By lmlp640r
#313483 I've had my car for two years now and finally decided to start a build thread, so here it is...

Bought my first car in July of 2010, a 95 civic ex. I had no knowledge of the honda world or that online communities like this existed, I was just looking for a reliable car on a budget.

Last edited by lmlp640r on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By lmlp640r
#313484 Some more pics..

Previous owner attempted to "touch up" the rear bumper with black fingernail polish :?

By lmlp640r
#313485 First thing was wash and wax, get her cleaned up nice and good

Only aftermarket parts were this AEM intake and a replacement catback, a Walker Quiet-flow. It doesn't sound like much but I do like how quiet it is.

By lmlp640r
#313486 Then something I've always wanted to be in my car

I got the sub, box, and amp together for $35. And I don't like to rattle my mirror off but love being able to fill in the low ranges and hear all the music.
By lmlp640r
#313487 Front bushings were shot, so I replaced with energy suspension polyurethanes.

Then got a new amp, Alpine MRP-M450. I built an amp rack for it.

By lmlp640r
#313488 A few months later my car alarm went off at 2:30 a.m. I went to check it out and found a chunk of my rear window missing :cry:

Last edited by lmlp640r on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
By lmlp640r
#313489 A few pics from the first winter with my car

Did a valve adjustment

Got a new Hitron amp (super cheap but decent power and quality) and a crappy Fast & Furious 2 channel for my rears. And picked up a Type R! alpine...

By kapow
#313490 :O

How did that hole happen in your back window? Do you have enemies?

Clean coupe by the way!
By ToviEj1
#313491 Wow this thing cleaned up nice . Looks like its in the right hands :thumb:
By lmlp640r
#313492 Spring of 2011 I bought a new set of steelies so I didn't need to keep getting my winter tires mounted. They came with these wheel covers which for some reason I liked for a while.

Can't find pictures but at some point I sold the Alpine sub and got an Infinity 1262W, and I made this super compact box for it. Now I can still access my spare and jack.

I'll post more pictures of the finished box when I find them.

Replaced my struts with cheap monroe's

And made myself a grill block from cardboard and ducktape. Looks like crap, but I did get 43mpg with this on.

Did a little experimenting with ebay LED strips

And some random pics from the 2nd winter

I love scraping ice off my window :wink:
Having a little fun in the snow
I forgot I have a block heater lol, I've never actually needed to use it
By lmlp640r
kapow wrote::O

How did that hole happen in your back window? Do you have enemies?

Clean coupe by the way!

There was a big rock sitting in my back seat. And none that I know of, the police officer said a few other cars down the street got the same treatment earlier that week. Some kids need to get a life.
Last edited by lmlp640r on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By lmlp640r
#313494 Got what I think is a deal on some fat fives with tires. Not the prettiest but I had future plans for them

Started sanding. I originally wanted to sand them all the way up in grit and polish them, but then I realized how much work it actually was.
So I taped off the tires and primed them

A little more sanding then paint and clear
They didn't turn out as glossy as I wanted. So before I repainted them I wanted to try something...

I love the look of black with red stripe, but not on these rims. So I repainted them and got it a little more glossy this time.
By Prototype4342
lmlp640r wrote:Image

You can do like I did, cut out some sheet aluminum to block off the fog light holes and use the license plate as a partial grill block. Doesn't look as funky or ghetto as cardboard.

By lmlp640r
Prototype4342 wrote:
lmlp640r wrote:

You can do like I did, cut out some sheet aluminum to block off the fog light holes and use the license plate as a partial grill block. Doesn't look as funky or ghetto as cardboard.

I might end up making some out of fiberglass for this winter. If you do block it keep an eye on your engine temp though, I learned my lesson when I didn't.
By Prototype4342
#313528 Yeah I've seen some hypermilers who use a choke cable to open a small hole in their grill block for when it starts getting hot.