Post YOUR Coupe here
By juls1488
brandoff88 wrote: still trying to figure out the bitch pin situation...ive tried everthing i can think of and i still cant get it out..but i shall prevail eventually, look for more updates to come as the next month or so rolls by

if you dont have the right size punch for the bitch pin, i have used an old exhaust bolt with great success. like the one holding the dp to the cat in your pic. fits right in there and you can beat the shit out of the head of the bolt til the pin comes out.
hope that helps :thumb:
By brandoff88
#323929 hmmm that might help thanks for the tip, if i can bundle my scrawny 150 lb ass up tomorrow i might go out and try that, thanks again dude
By brandoff88
#323956 as promised pics of the new plug wires:

im also going to put up a spec list of my car in the original post while im thinking about it, hopefully once it gets a bit warmer ill get the bitch pin out and hook everything up, havent had a chance to finish the harness yet, wifes been out and about last couple days at the hospital and im watching our daughter so ill try to get that done so i can post up some updates, thanks for lookin guys :thumb:
By brandoff88
#323983 well finally got this damn harness finished and it lookes pretty good, all thats left is to attatch the one plug back onto the tranny and wiring is good to go

also please excuse my wifes feet, she was standing there looking at me funny :lol:
By Punksz6
#324096 LoL, don't you like when wives do that!! Mine does that all the time. Nice work on the harness and the plug wires look great.
By brandoff88
#324101 thanks cant beat 30 bucks for new ngk plugs and wires :thumb: i will also update with some more pictures today, i kinda muffed up the sri tube so i had to sand it down AGAIN and repaint it looks beter this time now that i waited all night for it to dry and somewhat cure lol
By brandoff88
#324109 well heres a pic of the bay like 99.9% done, still gotta touch up some areas and make it look good, enjoy :thumb:

just little things left to do, im so excited, bum bum bum, just cant hide it :lol:
By brandoff88
#324110 on a more awesome note, just got a call from my old job and they want to hire me permantly so i start work tonight from 4-11 oh happy days....haha this month is awesome almost done with the car and i got my job back, taxes are comin.
By Punksz6
brandoff88 wrote:on a more awesome note, just got a call from my old job and they want to hire me permantly so i start work tonight from 4-11 oh happy days....haha this month is awesome almost done with the car and i got my job back, taxes are comin.

Thats Great News Man! Happy for ya!! :thumb:
By brandoff88
#324148 oh yesssss your tellin me, althoug i did have time to get all this done to my car, but like i said its little things and then gettin her legal, and last but not least pay to reinstate my license, been fighting since 10/9 when i bought my sr22 insurance to get the hold on my license released and they still dont have it in their system :thumbdown: on that same note i realized that i left my front license plate on the bumper i gave away with the other shell [smilie=BangHead.gif] :x so now i have to pay for new tags AND plates...but that my fault...and i decided since no junk yards have front bumpers and the last "replacement" bumper would NOT fit or line up anywehre im going to fork out the 300 or so for the replacement from honda(275 +wa sales tax :thumbdown: ) but everything else but my i/h/e/ and plug wires/lowering springs are oem stock, well and the motor lol...but might as well keep it oem for full sleeper status :hehe: well sorry for the long rant..i have to work all week, but i dont have to wrok till 3pm torrow so ima go out and focus on the bitch pin tomorrow before work even though its like 26 deegrees right now, im hoping for above freezing weather :thumb:
By brandoff88
#324192 :woot: finally got that bitch pin out with a mini sledge hammer and a long valve cover bolt, who would have known....after about an hour of mashing my hand and cursing i got it out and the other hooked up and it goes to all gears and what a difference the short shifter makes nice and tight!

pics of my hand that i smashed

my old oil pan i need to clean and put on, the othe rone is dented to shit for some reason (nottice the copper shavings :(

then decided to do a little something different

sanded it down with 100 grit very carefully

the washed and let dry

end results later tonight as i have to be at work at 3

thanks for looking guys!
By Punksz6
#324265 Dam dude you really had to get that B@*$# out!! Well at least you got it out. Shorter shifter FTW.
By brandoff88
#324301 yeah i tried everything and then i grabbed a mini slegde and a valve cover bolt and on the last swing it popped out and i smashed my hand...so id say it was worth it :thumb: still bummed about haveing to drain all the gas out though...
By brandoff88
#324302 so i finally finished my oil cap project, i didnt want to buy some annodized or billit peice, i wanted oem, but with a twist. i made it red like the other accents but i did something different, i rememberd that i painted something in the cold and it kinda spider webbed..so i did some test runs and i finally got it right, it looks like red alligator skin when it dries, i couldnt get a GREAT pic but it should do the trick, i know it looks like crap in the pic but i swear it looks so sweet, ill try to get a better picture or edit thid one but its late so this will have to do

im thinking about some matt clear coat to dull it down abit...heavy coats made it glossy
By brandoff88
#327449 been a while since i updated...finally got her runnin, still runnin really high rpms at idle, have not had time to check intake or tb gaskets yet, but i got new radiator hoses and thermostat, and i had to reaseal the upper rad hose piece to the motor, the rtv sealent didnt cure right last time and caused me to drip coolant, also got a cheap sun pro tach for like 30bucks, cant afford to get a super legit ex cluster lol...also picked up a new dd, thread is in sig, and i got the upper rad hose on this morning but havent sealed the peices yet as i didnt have time to do it properly, sooo i need to do that and the lower hose tomorrow, and then i should be good to start settin up the tach, i wanna see what my motors idleing at before i go adjusting stuff lol..