Post YOUR Coupe here
By TrailerTrash
#324529 well i had a moment of bad luck on friday afternoon during a bit of spirited driving. was giving her all she had and when i shifted to 3rd heard a loud bang and the terrible sound of parts bouncing around between the bottom of the car and the road.

the bolt at the bottom of the T bracket that bolts it to the tranny snapped off. there are supposed to be 2 holding the tranny to the bracket but when installing the tranny i found the top holes threads to be somewhat stripped out. the bolt got tight but not as tight as it should have been and i guess over the past 20,000 miles it vibrated out and 1 wasnt enough to hold it.

so all attempts to get the broken stud out failed and me and my stepdad ended up taking 3 hours out of our sunday afternoon to swap my spare DX tranny in. i had a full set of spare tranny bolts but i cannot find them so I hav to go to the honda dealer tomarrow and order one and that whole mess will be all taken care of :thumbdown:
By Fada Blayne
#324549 boooo, been there and it sucks lol
By TrailerTrash
#324899 one hole stripped and a snapped off bolt in the other. tried drilling it out but after about 6 or 7 ruined drill bits and 1 ruined easy out we gave up on saving it and just swapped the trannys.

brand new bolts from Honda less than $10 cant beat it :thumb:
By Punksz6
#325120 Sucks about the trans. I had that happen but with the bolts to my oem exhaust header, I could not get that piece out tried everything no go and in the end there mother cracked when I finally got it on the Coupe.

:thumb: on the bolts
By Mania76
#325141 try heat up broken bolt, but bolt only and then use bolt extractor- always working for me
By TrailerTrash
#325170 thats not a bad idea. probably wont be so hard to get it out now that the tranny is out of the car.

ill save that little project for a rainy day :lol:
By Uknterror
#325171 Had that happen on my H trans, instead of the bolt breaking off inside it took a good chunk of the case with it lol, so yeah there was that. It ended up bending my drivers bracket and bolts before I actually got it back to where it sits now.....
By Bobec
#325175 Weld a nut on the broken bolt and try to unscrew it. If the nut brakes of, weld another one and then the next, until you get it loose... works for me everytime :wink:
By 95CivEg
#325305 havent been on this forum in a long time :x and pretty much read all pages of this build thread hahaa AWESOME brotha :thumb:
i think we have the same mentality for shit and the way we think about wha others think lol still original engine?
By TrailerTrash
Uknterror wrote:Had that happen on my H trans, instead of the bolt breaking off inside it took a good chunk of the case with it lol, so yeah there was that. It ended up bending my drivers bracket and bolts before I actually got it back to where it sits now.....

dam that blows dude. things like this teach us how important extra parts are. cause when you need it and dont have it, you sing a different tune.

Bobec wrote:Weld a nut on the broken bolt and try to unscrew it. If the nut brakes of, weld another one and then the next, until you get it loose... works for me everytime :wink:

thats another good idea! thanks
95CivEg wrote:havent been on this forum in a long time :x and pretty much read all pages of this build thread hahaa AWESOME brotha :thumb:
i think we have the same mentality for shit and the way we think about wha others think lol still original engine?

:thumb:

engines actually been swapped at some point in the past... and ive put it through 3 tranny swaps so far. its had a hard neglected rusty dented up life
By TrailerTrash
#326474 new parts are in and more are in the mail. :thumb:

getting a bottle for my welder next week going to practice a bit with it then tackle the rusted out quarters! i hope all goes well im a bit afraid to do this but it needs done so badly!
By HaydenSI
TrailerTrash wrote:new parts are in and more are in the mail. :thumb:

getting a bottle for my welder next week going to practice a bit with it then tackle the rusted out quarters! i hope all goes well im a bit afraid to do this but it needs done so badly!

Just remember Take it slow. The sound of bacon is a good sound. Even if you put down too much wire as long as they are strong welds you can grind them out. Doesn't have to be pretty to function lol
By TrailerTrash
HaydenSI wrote:
TrailerTrash wrote:new parts are in and more are in the mail. :thumb:

Just remember Take it slow. The sound of bacon is a good sound. Even if you put down too much wire as long as they are strong welds you can grind them out. Doesn't have to be pretty to function lol

i want it to look somewhat pretty lol but i guess thats what they make bondo for :lol:

juls1488 wrote:trailer, bit of an off topic question, but how have your tie rod ends held up to how low you are?

looking forward to see how your welding turns out! good luck! :thumb:

i just replaced one of the tie rod ends this past fall cause it just wore out. other than that i have had no problems with anything steering/suspension related due to the car being low. i mean things do wear out but with proper maintenance and repairs when needed, being low doesnt mean wearing things out ya know?
By juls1488
TrailerTrash wrote:
juls1488 wrote:trailer, bit of an off topic question, but how have your tie rod ends held up to how low you are?

looking forward to see how your welding turns out! good luck! :thumb:

i just replaced one of the tie rod ends this past fall cause it just wore out. other than that i have had no problems with anything steering/suspension related due to the car being low. i mean things do wear out but with proper maintenance and repairs when needed, being low doesnt mean wearing things out ya know?

good to know. :thumb:
i was just wondering since i'm not nearly as low as you are, and my tie rods are at a crazy angle going from the rack to the knuckle, and im going lower once the roads clear up more here. :D