Post YOUR Coupe here
By colby90210
SkunkDcivic wrote:How much do you wanna spend and depends how much more pep

i really don't want to spend more that 2500 if i don't have to, id like around the cheapest.

and just so i basically dont have to go into 3rd for hills and try to stay more in 5th gear. sorry for not being very technical, what would be a good fuel efficient motor that has more power than the d16z6?
By EJay2
#307573 Nice...very clean
By brandoff88
#307604 if you want something peppy and good mpg you could go jdm d15b run about 1300 shipped and i can bomb hills in 5th no problem at like 65, and i get almost 50 mpg average(nearly 500 miles to a tank) and its almost the same as a d16z6 but its definatly a great motor, i had one before it blew and it took ALOT of abuse, and i mean alot, with a chipped p28 ecu i could take mine up to 40 in first gear and then grab 2nd and i was goin like a mofo haha..but if you can spend 2500 i would go b series but if you want cheap you can get a d15b as stated above and slap a small turbo kit on there for about 1200 bucks and you got power and good mpg, well maybe mpg might suffer with a turbo but still, you would keep up if not best alot of b series motors with that set up, hope this helps :thumb: ps thats why i bought another d15b :hehe: plus its funny when some dumbass rolls up with his d15b7 with a fart cannon and intake and tries to race you...they will get a nice surprise :hehe:
By colby90210
brandoff88 wrote:if you want something peppy and good mpg you could go jdm d15b run about 1300 shipped and i can bomb hills in 5th no problem at like 65, and i get almost 50 mpg average(nearly 500 miles to a tank) and its almost the same as a d16z6 but its definatly a great motor, i had one before it blew and it took ALOT of abuse, and i mean alot, with a chipped p28 ecu i could take mine up to 40 in first gear and then grab 2nd and i was goin like a mofo haha..but if you can spend 2500 i would go b series but if you want cheap you can get a d15b as stated above and slap a small turbo kit on there for about 1200 bucks and you got power and good mpg, well maybe mpg might suffer with a turbo but still, you would keep up if not best alot of b series motors with that set up, hope this helps :thumb: ps thats why i bought another d15b :hehe: plus its funny when some dumbass rolls up with his d15b7 with a fart cannon and intake and tries to race you...they will get a nice surprise :hehe:

so if i go with the d15b will i be able to smog it. a freind was sahing that jdm motors i wouldnt be able to. just trying to clarify . and where would i go aboit getting one? thanks for all the advice!!
By brandoff88
#307640 im not to savy on that because we dont smog test where i live so you might want to double check, i know you probably could get it to smog, but jdm engines i believe have higher compression so yeah, and i got mine from tigerjapanese.com, but i hear great things about hmotorsonline.com as well
By colby90210
EJay2 wrote:Nice...very clean

why thank you.
By colby90210
#307679 so just got a fix it ticket for my exhaust being to loud..... it sucks, it lost so much power switching to stock, its not as fun as it used to be now :'( :? :x :thumbdown: :cry: :(
By brandoff88
#308091 hehe fuck the police, i got a almost got a ticket for driving around with my hood off, and i then told the cop that it was not an issue since it wasnt illegal where i live, then he tried to say it was too loud do to my intake whistling haha so i said alright i live 2 blocks away and was just test driving before i put the hood back on cuz i had to fix stuff so he followed me home to make sure i put my hood back on :roll: :roll: needless to say he was just being an ass
By dbrooks
#308093 I'd just get an B18B for dd duties.
By colby90210
#308094 Hi would anyone know where in northern california, where too look for a ls b18 non vtec swap? one that is obd1? what exact year are they obd1 94-95?
By dbrooks
#308095 If you want a guaranteed motor, I'd pick up the whole swap from http://hmotorsonline.com/

It's a fair price too. You don't have to worry about some scumbag selling you a busted motor either.
By colby90210
#317995 I am sad to say i have traded my civic due to needing a little more power for where i live with all the big hills, i now have a 93 prelude si. i will miss that civic, its been a good long 4 years.
By crazy-88
#318376 nice cupe man, looks exactly like mine, sept mine has abs so the engine bay looks way more cluttered.