Post YOUR Coupe here
By Chambers
#301077 Thanks.

Just got these in, very good info.

By Chambers
#301324 http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/

I order all my manuals there, most are new original prints.
By Chambers
#301325 So BIG update!!!!!!

On Friday I pull all my stuff together and went up to my father's garage. On Saturday I started around 11:30am and worked until 1:00am Sunday. I wanted to get the old engine out and the new one in, so I was determined. On Sunday I started around 10:00am and got the suspension components torqued and continued finishing all the little things that you can’t predict beforehand. Then I had to wire in the VTEC wires to the ECU, and finish the wiring on the wideband. Finally 12:00am Monday I took the car for its first drive. Took the engine up to around 3000-3500 rpms up to 40-60 mph and then did hard decelerations. Everything is going good for now, no leaks, and it feels like it wants to pull and pull. I saw the boost gauge go up to about 3-4psi and there was no lag what so ever. I have ~25-27 miles on it now, going to change the oil and filter before going on, check torque specs on bolts, then go for a 200 mile run.

So far I'm enjoying the .1L extra displacement and the supercharger!

Old broke engine mount:

Engine bay as of Saturdays work:

Engine bay as of Sundays work:

By Spunky69
Chambers wrote:So BIG update!!!!!!

Keep up the great work man cant wait to see it finished :)
By Punksz6
#301509 Nice :thumb:
By Chambers
#301853 Thanks for the replies.

Ok, so I started doing the breaking in process. The first night I did about 27 miles on the car. I went to change the oil and it was the oil change from hell. First I reach down to the filter from the top, I can get a good grip on it but I cant turn it at all. So I jack up the car and go from under it. I put all my might into it and it wont budge. Keep in mind two days before I put the filter on there by hand... So I get a spare serpentine belt for my Supra and wrap it around the filter so I could grip it more and pull it loose. I put all the force into it again in it doesn't budge. Next I get the ratchet strap out of the trunk and start pulling on the belt and of course the first time I use the ratchet the mechanism breaks and doesn't put any pressure on the belt. Finally I said, ok, I'm just going to have to back out and buy a oil filter wrench that I forgot to get at the auto store I was at 30 mins ago... When I get back and put the wrench on the filter it just slips right around it, so I managed to find a flat rubber "grip pad" for opening jars and slipped that under the wrench and put every bit of strength pushing up on the wrench and FINALLY it broke free, but I still had to use the wrench for a few turns before I could get it by hand.

Next I went to drain the oil, I had bought a quick drain valve for the break-in period so I could change the oil easier. Well the little pin that would lock the drain open fell out at some point and it wouldn't drain on its own so after looking around I found the old drain plug and swapped them out after draining the oil. All I can say is wth...

So after about ~170 miles I did a pull up in the 5k rpm range, I didn't feel VTEC engage, so I was concerned, I drove around for about 5 minuets more and then went home. I popped the hood and saw a oil stain running down the front of my transmission from what appeared to be the base of the head. My first thought was since the VTEC didn't engage something went wrong with the gasket and it was leaking. So the next day I popped off the VTEC assembly and the gasket I replaced looked ok. I put it back on, cleaned all the surfaces with brake clean, let it dry, checked my VTEC wiring witch was all good, started it up, checked for leaks (I didn't see any) and then went for a easy drive to the gas station. Never took the engine above 3-3.5k rpms. When I checked it sure enough the oil stain was back, I looked over the area and it seem like it was coming from the base of the head. Next day I re-torqued the ARP head studs to 64 ft lbs and went for a drive after cleaning everything with brake clean. Went to the same gas station and saw less, but still saw oil. Finally today I checked the torque of the head studs again, and then went up to 66 ft lbs (that is a far as I'm willing to take them). This time I made sure I checked every spot for oil cleaned it and double checked. I fired it up looked for oil didn't see any, then felt under the corner of the head, nothing, then right next to that the VTEC assembly, and sure enough fresh oil was forming on the bottom of it. SO, I HOPE its just the VTEC gasket needing to be replaced/ the VTEC assembly if its malfunctioning.

But anyway, I have some new parts that just got in:

New cat:

New CV drive shafts:

Bunch of new Honda trim and moldings I scored on ebay for a steal! New rockers, new door lower window trim, new side moldings all rounds, and new rear wheel well moldings:

By Punksz6
#301874 :thumb:
By Chambers
#303266 As usual, thank you! haha

Got a couple other things in, New H emblems and Civic EX sticker on the back. Both Vtec gaskets too. Also I managed to fix the oil leak, I re-torqued the head studs, then took the Vtec assembly off the head, disassembled and cleaned it, put a little RTV around the bolt holes, put a little dab of oil on the gasket surface, then installed. So far I have put 200 more miles on it and I'm up to around 400 and the oil hasn't returned. This car is so fun to drive, It surprised me in fourth gear on Friday, I was cruising and just pushed the gas down and it actually pulled me in my seat a little, that put such a big smile on my face I gave a good YEE HAW!!!

By Spunky69
#303358 Any chance of a video of acceleration? :P
By Chambers
Spunky69 wrote:Any chance of a video of acceleration? :P

Very good chance, once I get it tuned and fix my alternator issue, its hitting the frame...

HungRealLow21 wrote:when is this bad boy going in????

The engine? I have around 450 mile on the engine, breaking it in so I can have the local speed shop to tune it. Its very fun.
By Chambers
#306874 So I have about 1100 miles on the engine, got it dyno tuned. It put down 161 horse power!!! Surprised the hell out of me! I put in a Walbro 225 fuel pump and a AEM 3 bar MAP sensor.

Video:
http://youtu.be/vs4uCDqBZ5E