Post YOUR Coupe here
By Chambers
gtstripes wrote:nice build so far!! soon the civic will steal your supras spot in your heart once you get infected by the honda bug haha :thumb: :woot:

Thanks, a lot of people have been talking about this Honda bug... Should I be vaccinated?

TrailerTrash wrote:
Chambers wrote:Yup, thats the one.

had my eye on it for some time nice buy!
keep us updaated
:thumb:

Ya, I had been watching it for a while to, then I figured, well its now or never.
By Chambers
#283214 Today I ended up at the local junk yard and found a AT EX cluster, and had a idea on how to clean it up so I could have a tachometer. Not having a tach was really starting to bother me.

Cluster from my car:

Cluster from junk yard:

First I removed the clear cover, and pulled the AT shifter lights panel out:

Then I tapped it up for some paint:

While letting the paint dry I removed the speedo:

Before I put anything back together I used an eraser to clean up the contacts on the cluster:

Here is the cluster back together:

Got it installed into the car, and it all works great! I love having the tach:

I also got a clock, and tried to put a little bit of white paint on the letters... its about the little things:

Cleaned up the new cup holder from the junk yard too, it was god awful dirty:

Some resent photos:

By TrailerTrash
#283295 nifty trick on the auto cluster :thumb:
By Punksz6
#283396 X2! :thumb:
By tegpower18
#283985 looking good keep up the good work
By Chambers
#287032 Thanks for the replies!

I just got this in recently, as you can see I like BOSCH parts...

Also just picked this up D16Z6, this is for the supercharger.

Got it unloaded and started to check it out more, did a compression test, and cleaned it up although I have no pics of it cleaned up it did:

Pulled the valve cover off, its very clean inside other than that Penzoil gold tint to the head:

By Chambers
#288682 Got some work done tonight.

Pulled the transmission off, two of the bell housing bolts stripped when I tried to loosen them. After fighting both for a while I hit the holes with a tap and cleared them up enough to thread new bolts in.

Then I pulled the clutch and pressure plate. Mounted the engine to the stand, now I can start the tear down.

By Chambers
#288825 Worked on the engine again tonight, and got my new ARP flywheel bolts in. I pulled stuff off the engine and removed the head. Looks like the head was rebuilt recently, the intake runners were cleaner than I thought they would be. I'm feeling pretty good about this project, the block and head are off to the machine shop tomorrow to get checked out.

By Chambers
#289976 Got the everything back from the machine shop, it came back all good! Just needed to buy a new set of standard bearings and rings to complete the engine. I made an order on Thursday for parts and got some of them in, so this build is moving right along.

Got the block on the engine stand:

Got some of my order in too:

These were some of the bearings that were not so good:

By dbrooks
#289980 Nice work :thumb:

I'm pumped to see that Z6 and Supercharger paired up :thumb:
By UK_Dave
Chambers wrote:So I worked on the brakes today, holy hell they were a pain in the ass. I have never had so much trouble with a brake overhaul before, seemed like every part was fighting to stay on the car. I ended up getting everything done and it was definitely worth the trouble, it stops like a dream now.

Thanks for looking.

Not just my civic like that then? lol nothing ever wants to come off....
By UK_Dave
#289999 hey just wanted to say loving the build
love how much effort you put into every little thing it makes such a difference having a proper job done

everyone says i got ocd when i replace every bolt for a new one and clean/ paint everything i take off! just wish it would stay clean lol!
By Chambers
dbrooks wrote:Nice work :thumb:

I'm pumped to see that Z6 and Supercharger paired up :thumb:

Thanks, Ya me too!

UK_Dave wrote:hey just wanted to say loving the build
love how much effort you put into every little thing it makes such a difference having a proper job done

everyone says i got ocd when i replace every bolt for a new one and clean/ paint everything i take off! just wish it would stay clean lol!

Thanks, I think my attention to detail came from working on my Supra and seeing others build them too. You can definitely tell what a car is by the little things.
By Chambers
#290646 Thanks, I think about what I want and try to go for it. Sometimes that can take a long time though. With the Civic, I knew what I wanted from the beginning and that really helps!

Got a parts update, received a few boxes today:

Oil filters, assembly lube, bearings, and thermostat:

Bottom end gasket kit:

Finally, a new clutch kit: