Post YOUR Coupe here
By PhantomEJ1
#313700 Where's the new DD pics? Come on son! Step up yo game!
By EJ1_MK
PhantomEJ1 wrote:Where's the new DD pics? Come on son! Step up yo game!

when you going to come polish it up for me? so I can take some pics
By bks84
#314235 Redoin the brake tuck? Why? Thought it was satisfactory...
By EJ1_MK
bks84 wrote:Redoin the brake tuck? Why? Thought it was satisfactory...

I am moving some things to create room for other things and have bought some different bulk head fittings to go thru the firewall to make it cleaner on the inside and out.
By EJ1_MK
#315365 Got a ton done on the car this weekend, took off a bunch of brackets and extra stuff that won't be used anymore. Also got the lines re-run for the brake tuck. Also removed all the window tracks out of the doors and the rest of the stuff out of doors that was not needed.

By rootbeer_eg
#315738 how do the brakes feel when you dont have the booster
like what does the pedal feel like compaired to having the booster

and what proportioning valve did you use ,because it doesnt look like the one that is on my car :?
By EJ1_MK
rootbeer_eg wrote:how do the brakes feel when you dont have the booster

and what proportioning valve did you use ,because it doesnt look like the one that is on my car :?

Well I have yet to get my front brakes yet, been tight on cash lately trying to get ready for winter and take care of school fees for my kids and shit.

With out a booster you can disconnect your booster and that should tell you how hard it is or pump the brakes when the car is off. It is really stiff.

The prop valve is from a 99-00 SI it is a 40/40 it makes it way easier to run lines.
By rootbeer_eg
#315755 ok thanks
oo by the way i read through your whole thread and your car is badass :jerkbow: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
By EJ1_MK
rootbeer_eg wrote:ok thanks
oo by the way i read through your whole thread and your car is badass :jerkbow: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thanks man, should have more and more updates over the next few months. Next year should be really fun when it should all come together.
By bks84
EJ1_MK wrote:
rootbeer_eg wrote:how do the brakes feel when you dont have the booster

With out a booster you can disconnect your booster and that should tell you how hard it is or pump the brakes when the car is off. It is really stiff.

It requires a lot more effort to stop the car as well. So, if you ever do it rootbeer_eg, I'd suggest good pads and rotors.
By EJ1_MK
#317789 Small update got some things in today......

Found I may a few issues with the steering rack and rubbing tires

Tire is hitting the lower control arm

Got less than a finger worth of room when turned to inside at lock

Also the super tie rod ends hit the fork for the strut

Now you have to remember that the rack is 3.25 so its 1 3/4 turn from straight to lock either side

By EJ1_MK
#318330 Well as the title reads the car is no longer. Things came up and had to send it on its way.

last image of it

By blk92hb
#318344 WHY???? did you save all of the upgrade parts??? are you going to build the other coupe? are you going to get another???
By bks84
#318352 I bet its gettin a cage installed... lol.

For reference, driving on extended ball joints and the super tie rods suck.