Post YOUR Coupe here
By 603 jdm
#254219 well u might be able to but u would have to definitally cover up the electronics really well. id just assume to use a reg hose and get elbow deep in that bay and scrub the hell out of it haha :thumb:
By 94EJ2
#254220 perfectly safe to pressure wash your bay i do it all the time to my car just leave the car running and dont spray directly on your distributor or fuse box
By nateski
603 jdm wrote:well u might be able to but u would have to definitally cover up the electronics really well. id just assume to use a reg hose and get elbow deep in that bay and scrub the hell out of it haha :thumb:

hmm we'll see on my mood then I'll decide on pressure washing or time consuming lol
By nateski
#254261 *UPDATE:
today if plans work out, gonna do maintenance. change belts, oil and oil filter.
gonna try to do my engine bay clean up if I don't chicken out.
wanna clean my valve cover but gonna need some help.. how do I remove it? I know it's a real newb question but I don't wanna go and unbolt or removed things that isn't supposed to even be touched.:?
Help Wanted!! THANKS :woot:
By 603 jdm
#254283 if you remove your valve cover your gonna have to geta new gasket. but to take it off just look at the bolt pattern on it and i believe its a 10mm take em off then lightly pry/ wiggle it off just cover your valves up so u dont get any shit in there. if you feel like yo can do it maby try doing a valve adjustment while you have the vc off. its a good maintnence thing to do. cheack i out in the diy section.
By ghskid06
#254286 Its jsut a few bolts that hold it on, you couldnt possibly mix things up.

Valve covers arent under pressure so you dont actually need to replace it unless its in bad shape. Just make sure its in its grove correctly and bolt it back down.
By 603 jdm
#254290 yeah true i didnt really think of that if it was like a cork gasket then yeah but obv hondas dont have tht. id just put a dab of th orange gasket sealer in the corners and by the cam/dizzy bevels or w/e u wanna call them make sure the plug wire seals are still intact and not leaking either :thumb:
By nateski
603 jdm wrote:if you remove your valve cover your gonna have to geta new gasket. but to take it off just look at the bolt pattern on it and i believe its a 10mm take em off then lightly pry/ wiggle it off just cover your valves up so u dont get any shit in there. if you feel like yo can do it maby try doing a valve adjustment while you have the vc off. its a good maintnence thing to do. cheack i out in the diy section.

603 jdm wrote:yeah true i didnt really think of that if it was like a cork gasket then yeah but obv hondas dont have tht. id just put a dab of th orange gasket sealer in the corners and by the cam/dizzy bevels or w/e u wanna call them make sure the plug wire seals are still intact and not leaking either :thumb:

alright sounds good, thanks for the feedback! :thumb:
By nateski
ghskid06 wrote:Its jsut a few bolts that hold it on, you couldnt possibly mix things up.

Valve covers arent under pressure so you dont actually need to replace it unless its in bad shape. Just make sure its in its grove correctly and bolt it back down.

sounds like a easier way to save a little more cash, i like it! :twisted: haha
By nateski
#283727 do i have ABS brakes?:?
i looked through the chilton manual and it suggested to look at my instrument panel and see if my ABS light turns, witch i did. NOTHING TURNED ON. i dont think i have ABS but just to make sure i figured i ask you guys. just wondering because i need a new wheel bearing. i bought my wheel bearing from a local autopart store and he asked if i had ABS and i wasnt too sure, so i went ahead and told him yes. i also dont even know if i have disc or drum brakes lol. but im pretty sure i have disc in the front and drum in the back right?
also whats a automatic transmission fluid that you all suggest?:?
i used dexron III witch i think was a bad idea because my tranny is now stuck in first.
thanks to anyone that replies!!!:D
By chrono404
nateski wrote:do i have ABS brakes?:?
i looked through the chilton manual and it suggested to look at my instrument panel and see if my ABS light turns, witch i did. NOTHING TURNED ON. i dont think i have ABS but just to make sure i figured i ask you guys. just wondering because i need a new wheel bearing. i bought my wheel bearing from a local autopart store and he asked if i had ABS and i wasnt too sure, so i went ahead and told him yes. i also dont even know if i have disc or drum brakes lol. but im pretty sure i have disc in the front and drum in the back right?
also whats a automatic transmission fluid that you all suggest?:?
i used dexron III witch i think was a bad idea because my tranny is now stuck in first.
thanks to anyone that replies!!!:D

Open you hood, if you see something that looks like this on the firewall behind the transmission then you have abs. if you dont have this then you dont have ABS.

Very few EG's came with ABS, More 94-95's have them then the 92-93's and are typically only on EX Coupes and Sedans, even then not all of them have it as it was an option.
By nateski
chrono404 wrote:Open you hood, if you see something that looks like this on the firewall behind the transmission then you have abs. if you dont have this then you dont have ABS.

Very few EG's came with ABS, More 94-95's have them then the 92-93's and are typically only on EX Coupes and Sedans, even then not all of them have it as it was an option.

alright!!! quick and simple answer thanks Tranny Guru haha. what do you suggest on the tranny fluid? Genuine Honda from the local Honda Dealer?
By PhantomEJ1
#291966 Wow you found yourself a really clean coupe,! And with no rust at all that's lucky. If I was going to suggest something it would be getting the rear qtr panel lips covered with some bedliner like line x or something good to prevent rust from ever happening cuz if it ever starts it will ruin your day, trust me! Other than that it looks good, keep it going!
By PhantomEJ1
#291967 Wow you found yourself a really clean coupe,! And with no rust at all that's lucky. If I was going to suggest something it would be getting the rear qtr panel lips covered with some bedliner like line x or something good to prevent rust from ever happening cuz if it ever starts it will ruin your day, trust me! Other than that it looks good, keep it going!
By nateski
PhantomEJ1 wrote:Wow you found yourself a really clean coupe,! And with no rust at all that's lucky. If I was going to suggest something it would be getting the rear qtr panel lips covered with some bedliner like line x or something good to prevent rust from ever happening cuz if it ever starts it will ruin your day, trust me! Other than that it looks good, keep it going!

you made a point there haha will do thanks for the advice