Post YOUR Coupe here
By 603 jdm
#243224 hey guys,heres my 93 civic ej2 project. shes a lil rough lookin right now gonna be flat black soon bc of all the body work i gotta do. i need advice for her. its got 183k on it and has the stock d15b7 motor and shes 5 speed. this is my first civic so if anyone has any good advice or criticizm it would just help me make her that much better. gonna be a really slow process till i graduate in a few months. ill try and keep everyone posted on how it works out as i get progress done here and there.

pg.1 Intro/"The Beginning"
and some rust pics.
pg.2 body imperfections, prep for core support paintjob, temporary muffler fix. start of rear 1/4 work
pg.3 rear 1/4 work continued
pg.4 rear brakes painted up,vc painted, painted headlight edge
pg.5-6 random talk/ paint ideas.
pg.7 installed glove box, some parts, trunk lid work,painted bay part 1.
pg.8 part 1 of semi bay shave. start of wire cleanup,tucked washer fluid line
pg.9 semi shave bay done!, plug end of headlight wire harness tucked, before and after shaved bay pic.
pg.10, coolant leak fix, exhaust problem possibly found.
pg.11 random talk
Last edited by 603 jdm on Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 18 times in total.
By 603 jdm
#243225 oh and first things being done is body work because i have the materials on hand for that right now so im gonna get it all done the right way if u look further down the posts you can see the shotty body work andmy progress on it.
Last edited by 603 jdm on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ghskid06
603 jdm wrote:i dont know how to post pics my bad ill figure it out

Hey, its best to just download them to photobucket and then copy the pictures link over from there. (not the web page link but the forum link)
By 603 jdm
#243448 ya i made a photobucket for it i just havent gotten around to post the pics on here yet. comps slow at the house and school locks everything. luckily not this site or id flip out.
By 603 jdm
#243685 pics below
Last edited by 603 jdm on Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 603 jdm
#243686 Image

By 603 jdm
#243688 my dirtyy lil d15b7, yes ik it needs a vc gasket im on a wicked tight budget right now so gettin everythng done lil by lil.

By cjw_89
#243700 Snap some pics of those quarters.Nice sedan bumper on front.Its a start whats your plans?
By ghskid06
#243701 Needs a bath :D
Easist way to clean up an engine bay is to take it to a car wash with whitewall/degreaser. Spray everything down really good with that and then rinse it off. Makes a huge difference. Just make sure you leave your motor running and dont spray your intake. (might even just turn it up in the air so its out of the way).

Its very stock, first thing i would do is save up for some lowering springs or get some from CL. See them around here all the time for like 80-100 bucks.

Not a huge fan of the painted interior pieces, but if you like it go for it.
By 603 jdm
#243747 yeah the only things ive been able to do to it so far is fix the muffler. i put a temporary thrush turbo on it. the exhaust from the cat back is 2 1/4 with a pretty big resonator on it so i dont think its stock. and the interior was trashed by the guy before me used it was a winter beater. im fixing eveything it needs then savin up for lowering springs rims and a better exhaust. im gonna be cleaning the paint off the interior pieces i think because idk if i like it. i dont know what to do with the bumper either keep it and be different or get the right one for the car? if you got any more info that might help id be greatly appreciated. :D
By 603 jdm
#243750 ill take more pics of the progress so far. and also was wondering after i do the body work should spary it flat black or keep it red? idk what to do with that. :?
By 603 jdm
#243795 got some more pics of the 1/4s andjust other pics of things about the civic.
all the body work is from last owner. fixing this week.
pass. side lower part off wheel well bad bondo job
rear 1/4 on pass side
driver side (i pulled the metal down)
the ghetto job tht was done with the stock muffler inlet. has 2 1/4 thrush turbo for now.
more exhaust pics with new thrush turbo
By 603 jdm
#243798 rear bumper pics and trunk work. trunk was dynomatted was britle and trunk had wet carpet panels.. checked it out the other day and found tht
the back of the wheel wells were roted and there was atleast 2 1/2 inches of muddy dirt behind the side carpet panels... ment to take pics but forgot too. cleaned it all out dynomatting,water, mud, and fixed det in bottom of trunk.mustve ben rear ended at one time in her life :thumbdown: .
mounting area for back bumper goneee but gonna replace the metal
front wheel well guard thing all torn up gonna fix that.
gotta love the air freshener haha :D
By ghskid06
#243812 looks like a good project. Its a good thing you got all the crap out of the trunk.
Definitely post some pics of your body work.

Most people just pull their splash guards out of the fenders. They are somewhat good to have to keep water from coming into the engine bay but i dont notice much more come in without them.