Post YOUR Coupe here
By kylenjdm93
#326071 Ive been doing alot of research and thinking about the route im taking with my build

i got rid of my power steering and am going the manual steering rack route.

need to pick up an ep3 idler pulley, but im keeping the ac for sure, it gets way to hot here were i live not to have it

ive been talking to luke at 4 piston racing about a ported head

the 156 head is going to be the best bang for the buck, although i will need bigger camshafts than my brian crower stage 2's for the head to really flow right and utilize all its potential

itb's are a must and an asp header will be needed also

im going to get it all buttoned up, re sprayed the same color blue, electron si blue and start saving up for my upgrades next winter
By kylenjdm93
#326075 These pics should give you an idea of the quality and attention I put in when building an engine

By Civic_HatchSI
#326077 Nice build! I love the blue. That's one crazy amount of stickers in your engine bay lol, hope they don't peal off :thumbdown:
By kylenjdm93
#326090 Not only are they glued down with adhesive they have about 3 layers of.clear coat on them
By Civic_HatchSI
kylenjdm93 wrote:Not only are they glued down with adhesive they have about 3 layers of.clear coat on them

That should defiantly hold up then 8)
By TrailerTrash
#326095 i like that strut tower bar :thumb:
By kylenjdm93
TrailerTrash wrote:i like that strut tower bar :thumb:

thanks bro!, i have to jack the car up so the suspension is relaxed to get it installed. it puts some pressure on the towers. i noticed a difference when turning :D

how do you all like me going back to the red valve cover?
By kylenjdm93
#326103 why does everybody talk about the stickerbomb'd bay? why not the clean k? or the parts installed thus far? lol :?
By TrailerTrash
#326142 honestly dude theres nothing wrong with the K at all. but if u wanted that to be the focal point of the bay you shouldnt have bombed it with stickers.

K swaps are pretty common nowadays. and although sticker bombing is also fairly common, an entire engine bay covered in stickers aint something you see everyday.

both things about the bay are :thumb: so dont get me wrong
By kylenjdm93
#326147 thanks bro. :thumb:

you have a point I like the bombed bay, you have the wtf? a bombed bay? and wtf a kswap?

im excited to get my kinslers in there and asp header lol that will throw people off
By MG6
#326158 :o . Wow. How I missed this thread. Nice built and the k series should have been the oe on the eg.

I like the red but the grey is clean. Not matter what, both looks good.
By kylenjdm93
#326181 I agree

thanks for the comments! I caught the civic bug again, gonna be putting the interior back together and installing my windows soon, I also want to finish the body, has some minor dents I can feel, you cant see them hardly at all, but I know they are there, and its driving me crazy, ive already blocked the quarters need to fix the doors and fenders, not too bad though.

the polish look is way to distracting with the sticker bombed engine bay, same with the grey, and the blue, plus I am going to be keeping my engine all in the same family.. :thumb:

type r / type s valve cover is ment to be on that engine

im keeping the k20a block, and head, as well as the transmission, its a fun car for me to drive around, also going to meets will be fun as well.

im not about making my fun fancy car a drag racer...

although.... it is fun once in a while :D
By kylenjdm93
#329492 haven't really worked on my civic for a while until yesterday and today, I took some pics of what I have been working on.

here ya go
(text on top picture on bottom)

here is my semi-polished meaning not 100% complete rbc manifold, I cut down my karcepts tb adapter plate for use of my map sensor, for some reason my kpro doesn't like my map on the manifold so I moved it to the correct place on the skunk2 70mm tb, the hole for the map is still on the rbc, I have no plans on shaving them off so I am gonna tap it and put a bolt in it for now may need it for a guage or something one day

tapping in progress, its just sittin there, don't worry

I have to drill out the hole a little bit for the allen bolt to fit properly flush

front shot

side shot

my fat fives, left one is cleaned up and polished right one... well, its frigin dirty

By kylenjdm93
#329495 I re did my intake, I didn't like the air box, some people change rims and tires all the time I change intakes... for now, I have a huge shoe collection and I will begin a rim collection as well

on to the pics

(weld looks kinda crappy but hey for not welding in over 8 months it looks damn good)

on the bottom of the steel pipe, you can see a a/n fitting, it goes to the valve cover for re-circ

hey look! my cowling is in finally, need to purchase a new one some time soon

By kylenjdm93
#329496 on to the autobody

did some patch repair

all I have to do is tape it all off, wet sand her down good, and paint.. finally...