Post YOUR Coupe here
By symblmusic
#207580 What's good? I snagged this EJ2 a while back for $1400. Its virgin. No mods other than an alarm have ever been done to this thing, and that is quite rare for these around here. Most have either been beat to hell, and are rusty as fukk, or they have been poorly modified by ppl that just don't have a clue what they are doing. I was pretty pleased with this thing when I found it. I haven't owned a civic in a while, and they're fun to drive, so I kinna borked the head gasket.

I told myself that if this happened, I wasn't going to put the b7 head back on it, instead I would build a mini-me. I found a mildly borked d16z6 about an hour away from me for $70. Doesn't have the ECU, and doesn't have a valve cover. And dood said that bearings are screwed in the block. Doesn't matter either way cos I fully intend to build it anwyays. I figure this will hold me off 'till I can start my real build.

Initially I had planned to do a K-Swap, but my pockets aren't deep enough for that, so I will most likely go b20 or LS/VTec. I just want a fun daily driver 'till I can sort out a 240sx shell, or I can afford a skyline or Silvia ( <3 Nissans ) . I have plenty of experience with hondas. I had a 93 EG with an ITR Engine 'n Trans in it. I won't go into details, but we'll just say that this thing was badass.

Anyhoo I have some pics of the car. Its in pretty damn good shape for having 260k on it imho. She's a bit dirty atm tho, but that'll change once the mini-me is done.

Shot of the front

Typical Honda Cancer

Decent interior for a car with 260k on it

The head. Some pretty wikkid carbon built up on those valves. Sorry 'bout the blurry image. I forgot to turn the flash on.

Another shot of the head with steam cleaned #1 chamber. That's where the HG blew.

Shot of the bay. Block looks like it was pretty well taken care of. I haven't cleaned the old HG off or anything yet.

Another one of the bay. Its a bit dirty. I haven't really cleaned it yet. That'll happen this weekend most likely.

I'll put up more shots as I go along. I plan to fully document this build, so watch this thread.

I'm not too worried about the cosmetics right now. I'll worry more about that when everything that really matters is taken care of. This may take a while as I'm currently unemployed / self-employed surviving off my 'hobbies' Hopefully that changes very soon and I can get on with my build.
By symblmusic
#207586 I have no idea why the pics are so large. Photobucket sux appearently. They should be 640x480.

*shrug*
By symblmusic
#232487 Been a while since I updated, so here it is. I decided to for go the mini-me, and just put the b7 back together. It lasted for a month or 2, then the block gave out, so its been sitting ever since like beginning of october. I've got a b18a1 with some slightly better than stock internals coming later this week, so I'll be updating this as I go along with my build. Got a pretty good deal on it, so I couldn't pass it up.

I'll post more pics as I get them.