Post YOUR Coupe here
By BoostedD16
#266218 314whp at 15psi. Little better than 309whp at 28psi! Pulls hard. Traction bars and lsd are awesome, gotta get used to the shorter gearing though. Liking the compression so far, way more responsive than with the vitaras.
By RWMIII
BoostedD16 wrote:314whp at 15psi. Little better than 309whp at 28psi! Pulls hard. Traction bars and lsd are awesome, gotta get used to the shorter gearing though. Liking the compression so far, way more responsive than with the vitaras.

:thumb:

any track time in the future? whatd you tune with?(i prob missed it)
By BoostedD16
RWMIII wrote:
BoostedD16 wrote:314whp at 15psi. Little better than 309whp at 28psi! Pulls hard. Traction bars and lsd are awesome, gotta get used to the shorter gearing though. Liking the compression so far, way more responsive than with the vitaras.

:thumb:

any track time in the future? whatd you tune with?(i prob missed it)

Hopefully some track times soon. And it is tuned one ectune.

Scared the shit outta me tonight. Put fresh gas in to see if that would cure the breaking up in 3rd. It did not. Did a couple pulls to make sure, saw 12.5 on one. Went to go again and make sure what rpm cutting out at and whatnot. And it just shut off. I immediately thought it blew up/spun bearing or something of that nature. Also no cel came on either. Pushed car to a gas station. Checked oil, was spot on, no leaks or anything. All seemed good. Started it up. Oil pressure was good and no noticable noises. Back to the dyno...
By kingjmack
#266393 Awesome build man!!! Makes me want to keep the single cam and boost it.
By BoostedD16
RWMIII wrote:hopefully it was just a minor hiccup!!

That is what I am hoping! Taking it back to the shop today sometime. I was just like wtf though, just my luck! I was thinking about parting it out as I was pushing it. haha
By BoostedD16
kingjmack wrote:Awesome build man!!! Makes me want to keep the single cam and boost it.

Thank you. Singles are fun. Especially beaten up on B series :D
By EJ1_MK
#266433 Nice power, I hope you get it figured out. Does it have a bunch of traction issues or do you get the power down pretty easy?
By BoostedD16
EJ1_MK wrote:Nice power, I hope you get it figured out. Does it have a bunch of traction issues or do you get the power down pretty easy?

Thanks. Headed up to dyno now. Should know what's up by end of today. And second spins but third is a solid pull. I must say it is definitely a lot different than last year. Low comp, .63ish a/r hotside, 27psi, looooong gears, pulled like a freight train. Now with high comp and .48a/r it spools much faster and feels like I am rippin through gears.
By EJ1_MK
#266541 Cool, what compression are you running?
By BoostedD16
EJ1_MK wrote:Cool, what compression are you running?

10.5:1 comp pistons. With headgasket I believe it came out to be like 10.3:1.
By EJ1_MK
#266600 Very nice can't wait to see the numbers after you get dialed in.
By BoostedD16
EJ1_MK wrote:Very nice can't wait to see the numbers after you get dialed in.

Guessing it should still be right in the 315whp range. The new dizzy should be in today and finish it up on the dyno. Will keep ya posted.
By BoostedD16
#266824 Alright so dizzy didn't help. Turned out it was the plugs. Even the new set of NGK BKR7E's weren't cutting it. Swapped them out for some Brisk plugs and seemed to clear it up. Did a 3rd gear pull on my way home. Seemed solid. Hopefully stays clear out tomorrow and can have some fun.

Edit: Also picked up almost 10whp from the other plugs. Made 322whp.
By EJ1_MK
BoostedD16 wrote:Alright so dizzy didn't help. Turned out it was the plugs. Even the new set of NGK BKR7E's weren't cutting it. Swapped them out for some Brisk plugs and seemed to clear it up. Did a 3rd gear pull on my way home. Seemed solid. Hopefully stays clear out tomorrow and can have some fun.

Edit: Also picked up almost 10whp from the other plugs. Made 322whp.

damn there you go that should be a real fun street/ track car.