Post YOUR Coupe here
By jrhdominos
#165583 Hello, everyone...Been on the forum for a couple mths now messing around, and figured now would be a good time to post my ride up on the site. Don't have an ass of pics right this second, but I should be putting up some as it all comes together. I have a good bit of plans for the ej, but on a tight budget, and family comes first, so it should all happen sooner or later.

The 1994 Honda Civic Dx. --- $500.00
It doesn't run at the moment, but I got the fuel pump on the way.
This is how it sits right now...I've been doing some cleaning on the inside, its been sitting for 6 or 7 mths, so I'm trying to get everything looking half decent and smelling okay.

I buffed and waxed a small area here. It turned out okay, the picture doesn't do it much justice, it was probably a mth ago when I did it, so the rainstorms here in GA have taken a toll. Of course buffing and waxing it won't do to much to save the clear coat coming off on the door and front right fender, so a repaint would be in the future.

The beast...ha ha j/k. The d15b7. Trying to get it back right again. So far all I've done to it was put a new valve cover gasket on it. I cleaned the valve cover the best I could. Not trying to go all out on it, just trying to get it tuned up and on the road. Like I said I'm waiting on the fuel pump. Hopefully thats the probelm with it, but after that it should undergo a full tune up and we can see how she runs.

Debating on if I want to remove all the windshield wiper equipment, my daily for the moment is a Toyota Camry 4 Dr, (for the family), but I still don't know yet. Rain-X works wonders, but it rains too much in GA.

The front of the interior at the moment.. So far I've taken out the stock tape player (which I cant believe after 15 years it was still in there), I've removed the stock DX cluster, and the old center console. I'm waiting on a cluster which I ordered the same day as the fuel pump, so it should be here shortly. I have plans for some JDM goodies, but that'll come later after I get her running. Also needing some carpet, but Im still debating on the stock grey carpet or get some black carpet. Any opinions on the black carpet with the grey interior??

The rear as it sits. I took it all apart and cleaned it. I had it out for a good while, at the same time I was debating on whether the fuel problem was the relay or the fuel pump. But I said fuck it and went on ahead and put it all back together, and then the relay came in and it turns out that wasn't the problem so Im assuming its the pump. So I guess i gotta take it back out. Not really a problem, but Im also not trying to take it in and out a hundred times.

Well thats all I have for the moment. It's pretty much a work in progress. Hopefully it's gonna come together sooner rather than later. These things take time, so thats the way I'm gonna have to look at it. Not trying to rush into this and half ass do shit, and not be satisfied with the outcome.
By Classiccarsrule85
#165595 looks like a good project almost looks like a salvage car or one that was stolen and retreived.....

also your missing your oil cap on the valve cover lol...

but anyhow as for your idea with the wipers i would keep them since yea it may be less weight less things to go wrong but if they work finding arms are easy to do and its just safer plus if you ever decide to sell it then its better for the perspective buyer

but yea anyhow id say that cars the perfect blank canvas
By jrhdominos
#165600 The perfect blank canvas..never thought about it like that. I do agree that it is a pretty good shell to start off with. Actually tho, I have the wipers and all that, but I've taken it off for now, trying to clean the hell out of EVERYTHING. I also have the weatherstripping and the cowl that goes between the engine bay and the windshield, just trying to get everything cleaned and just "as back to stock as possible"; then comes the mods. [/quote]
By Classiccarsrule85
#165604 well putting it back to stock is making it even better to be honest thats what i did with my hatch after awhile then i went about doing my own thing to it seeing what worked and what didnt....but goodluck to you and if you need anything just throw up a wanted ad or something and im sure we can help you get stuff....
By jrhdominos
#165623 That's what's up, well I will be looking for some things every now and then, especially with tax time right around the corner, i'll be getting the money back that I loaned the government, so that will come in handy lol :thumb:
By d-mon
#165676 nice find!
just needs some love.
By EgCruiser
d-mon wrote:nice find!
just needs some love.

need to rape that shit hehe :lol:
By jrhdominos
#166593 Hey fellas just got the civic running, runs strong but needs a muffler...stilll waiting on the gauge cluster, but as soon as I get that in Ill get some more pics up
By chrono404
#166672 Pick up a turbo Muffer, They have a nice deep tone, but is high flow and quite.

Its good to see anouther purple coupe. As well as anouther project car, We love those here. :thumb:
By jrhdominos
#166677 Yeah I'm keeping my options open on the muffler situation, I found an SiR muffler it looks a bit sportier than the stock DX muffler but I'm not quite sure about it, will it bolt right up????
Oh yeah and thanks for the compliment, its nice to have so many people dedicated to the same whip, its also nice to have so much knowledge in one area, it keeps you from looking all over the web to find out what you wanna know.
By jrhdominos
#169664 Well Ive been doing some things to the coupe, havent had a chance to update my pics, but here goes:

Finally got a gauge cluster, I think the d15 redlines at 6800, but 6500 will do, I never take it that high anyway, also still missing that trim bezel piece that goes around it, the nearest junkyard is Caroline Imports about 50 miles away :x, but when I do make it there, its only ten dollars :)

I got the interior put back together, minus the carpet, I should have that soon, along with a center console.

Also got a new muffler, nothing special, just went to the local muffler shop, got them to put on a new exhaust from the catalytic converter all the way to the tip cost me a $100 :thumb:
You should have seen the old one, had holes in it, and all rusted up, it was crazy

Now for the better pics, take a look at the old pics, these pics are after a hand buff and wax, ignore the missing hubcaps and whatnot, just temporary.. :P

Hardly noticeable in the pic below, but the clear coat is a fucked up on this side, but suprisingly enough it came out okay.

So far so good though, still runs good, but it seems the fuel economy is lacking, thinking its the o2 sensor, be picking one up soon.

As far as mods go, Im still trying to get the car back in the right condition before I start adding aftermarket goodies, probably gonna start with the exterior and interior, then work on performance, seeing as how the speed limit is mostly 55, go fast parts wont do anything but attract attention and get me in trouble, I should have some things to show soon, hopefully. :thumb:
By i8umup
#169673 :shock: that turned out lookin good with a good waxin. hell of a find for 5 bills dude
By 92egdxhatch
#169674 looks good :thumb:
i like the purple coupes
By chrono404
#169700 Shes coming along nicely.

Do you have any Check engine lights?
And eBay sells o2 Sensors for 50-60 bucks. I bought mine for 60 something and it was a Denso. Which is what you would get if you bought it from honda. Only in a Denso box instead of a Honda Autoparts box.
By jrhdominos
#169746 well thats the thing. man i dont have any c.e.l.s, but I couldnt think of anything that could be affecting my gas like this, but Im definitely running rich, and I dont know how many miles you all get to a full tank, but I was on track to not even have 300 miles, I havent changed my spark plug wires so that MIGHT be it, but I dont think so.