Post YOUR Coupe here
By 93dx
#158954 hey guys, new here.
names Lucas, and this is my 1993 civic DX

when i first got her.

after a nice wash, cleaned and sprayed the steelies white.

timing belt broke, bent valves. time for a new head. old head will be used for a later project, gonna build it for boost..

my buddies mugen lip cracked driving on to the yard, he left it so i fixed it, sprayed it and put it on. cleaned and re sprayed my mirrors. heres what i got so far..

put on some black EX seat belts.

and i got these no name adjustable sleves, im just trying to find a nice set of tokico, or kyb struts to use with them. no way im gonna lower on OEM struts..

an updated 1/10/10 kinda of a rundown list..
soon to be stuff is what im doing in the spring. iv never driven the car on salty michigan roads. and i intend to keep it that way. im also working on getting an ef hatch for a winter beater so i can garage this ej2 and keep it clean.

motor: soon to be d15b7 with z6 head and chipped ecu. so the heads off again.

suspension: soon to be adjustable coilover sleves.

exterior: fake mugen "style" lip, soon to be is OEM lip and fogs. already have the lip, just gotta clean it, spray it and put it on. :thumb:

interior: seat covers to cover the ugly seat top. looking for ls teggy seats?

sound: an old vr3 cd player with AUX input that came in my last ed6 hatch
OEM speakers up front with hidden tweaters, and hifonics zeus 550 watt 6x9s in the back, 2 12" MTX terminators and a 1000 watt amp.
i like my sound good.. just a personal thing i guess. :?

hope you liked my ride, let me know what you think.
C&C are welcome..
Last edited by 93dx on Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By 3kkl3sia
#158967 take the ebay coils back
youll regret every second of those being on your car
By 93dx
3kkl3sia wrote:take the ebay coils back
youll regret every second of those being on your car

i got em for free, lol.
i was thinking on just saying screw them and get some tein, or even some megan racing springs..
By KingcoupeO
#158971 ditto.
skunk2 in that same style will be 100 times better, esp if you cant afford a full coil on shock set up .... i have skunk2 sleevesand tokico blue shocks and my car is slammed and rides really well.
By 93dx
KingcoupeO wrote:ditto.
skunk2 in that same style will be 100 times better, esp if you cant afford a full coil on shock set up .... i have skunk2 sleevesand tokico blue shocks and my car is slammed and rides really well.

i might just save up for some really good struts, like some kyb 5 ways and run my sleves while i save for some good tein springs, or maybe some D2s..

either way, i have a good starting plan. and atleast im not clueless. ;)
By KingcoupeO
#158984 agreed.
gotta start somewhere.
i get it ... it takes years to build for some of us... get your feet wet... but if ican tel you one thing its read this board ...be open minded ... not knowing is best... you can build avery well performing an looking and running car from this board .... there is alot of knowledge on here and i bet anyone on here can help you with any questions ... good luck and welcom man!!!
By 93dx
KingcoupeO wrote:agreed.
gotta start somewhere.
i get it ... it takes years to build for some of us... get your feet wet... but if ican tel you one thing its read this board ...be open minded ... not knowing is best... you can build avery well performing an looking and running car from this board .... there is alot of knowledge on here and i bet anyone on here can help you with any questions ... good luck and welcom man!!!

true that. iv already done alot of reading, and intend to do alot more. theres alot of different part combinations, and alot of it is trial and error to achive exactly what i want.

its kinda like on another forum one guy dident like my white steelies, but everyone else including me LOVED them on the clean purple coupe. btw it was a central indiana car, so the exterior is near flawless besides a tiny bit of rust and the clear coat pealing off the trunk.

but i plan to keep it clean, and keep it simple.
exterior wise iv already got my lip, so i just plan to drop it, amber corners, gold accord badges and get some fogs. then on to under the hood..

thanks for the welcome man, im already enjoying the site.
By sneepereg
#158990 Nice coupe :thumb:
By KingcoupeO
#158992 no worries man, hey no one has to like it but you.
By chrono404
#159003 Nice Coupe, I had an OEM EX Purple Coupe. I loved that car.

I would agree with keeping the ebay/"noname" Coils and putting them on kyb gas struts. Going that route will give you a decent ride and awesome corning capability, as well as lowering your car to whatever level you want it. I have a buddy who has this same setup in his eg hatch.

Shiney/bright colored rims will look good on your car. I had LS Webs on my Coupe and it was Really Clean. Especially when slammed.

I am looking forward to your build.
By 93dx
chrono404 wrote:Nice Coupe, I had an OEM EX Purple Coupe. I loved that car.

I would agree with keeping the ebay/"noname" Coils and putting them on kyb gas struts. Going that route will give you a decent ride and awesome corning capability, as well as lowering your car to whatever level you want it. I have a buddy who has this same setup in his eg hatch.

Shiney/bright colored rims will look good on your car. I had LS Webs on my Coupe and it was Really Clean. Especially when slammed.

I am looking forward to your build.

thanks everyone.
i really want a set of webs.
i wanted to look at a set of SI wheels a couple weeks ago, but i passed on them. il just wait for a set of webs.

and hopefully in my build i will fully build my old head for boost, and put a small turbo on. just need a quick car, not a fast one. its a daily driver.
By itCouldgeTwoRse
#159018 i had a set of ebay springs on my sedan deffinatly hated it lol they make stock shocks bleed and cry for mercy :lol:

i am totaly jealous of the purple. :thumb:

i woulda snached up those si wheels coulda traded them for some webs.

anywho nice car lookin forward to seein what you do with it :thumb:
By chrono404
#159019 If your going to swap heads, and go through the hell of timing your engine then you might as well get a better head. If you get a d16z6 sohc vtec head and put it on your block, Making a mini-me will give you a good deal more power, Even in N/A Applications.

If you just wanna a Daily then do some Drag Racing on side, I would recommend a mini-me with a wet shot of nitrous. Since you only use Nitrous when you want to have your extra power, it wont wear out your engine as fast as a Turbo setup.

Another good idea would be to go a EX/Si Transmission which has shorter gears, thus helping acceleration.
By 93dx
chrono404 wrote:If your going to swap heads, and go through the hell of timing your engine then you might as well get a better head. If you get a d16z6 sohc vtec head and put it on your block, Making a mini-me will give you a good deal more power, Even in N/A Applications.

If you just wanna a Daily then do some Drag Racing on side, I would recommend a mini-me with a wet shot of nitrous. Since you only use Nitrous when you want to have your extra power, it wont wear out your engine as fast as a Turbo setup.

Another good idea would be to go a EX/Si Transmission which has shorter gears, thus helping acceleration.

im only putting another stock head on becausee im going to build the old head for boost, or maybe even get a different head. either way i need my car driveable until i can accomplish that, which might not be for a while because as of right now im out of a job..

and i was planning on building the head, and probably getting a z6 bottem end and getting some pistons when funds alow it. so boost wouldent really be an issue, because i wouldent boost on a stock motor.
By PandaHatch
#159037 nice man. good start. fuck it put the springs on until you get the money. or sell them to some dumb ass that hangs out at the local civic hang out.