Post YOUR Coupe here
By SiWannabe
#120991 I bought my first civic last May (2008) as a fixer-upper and boy has it been a project! It was a stock EX coupe when I bought it but over the past year its had a few upgrades and some fixes. It's definitely been a labor of much love but I must say I love the car and after its recent paint job-I don't want to sell it any time soon :) It's mostly stock besides an Alpine stereo, short ram intake, and a B18b throttle body that give the car a few more fun HP's :thumb:

Here's the car the day I bought it for $1500

Nothing special at all, and the pictures do not do the body damage justice that it had! There were dents galore and the driver's door was rippled from side swipping something, the rear wheel wells had been rolled for bigger wheels, the fenders were horrible and the hood horrendous!

Not to mention it was very VERY dirty with stained carpets, crayon melted into the seat, and a lovely and very persistent smell that stuck around until a month ago when we took the front seats out and carpet cleaned under them :-p

First thing first, the car badly needed 2 new tires. We picked up these Integra LS wheels which all looked like this one in the picture. sanded the crap out of them and painted the vents with gunmetal paint and they look great now! Pictures of them later...

there's the car as of 2 weeks ago in all its dented rusted cracked up glory

Then lots of body work

Added Saab side markers in place of the little fender moldings

yes, thats how bad off this car was before it got the tlc it deserves! so many dents :(

Some primer in a home made mixture of grey green and blue green primers. it was actually a cool color!

a bit more body work

black primer to seal it up

and then there was paint (on the car and filling the air!)

and then it was done!

lots of love and hard work went into this paint job but it was definitely an awesome graduation present :thumb:

next a new bumper has to be fixed up and put on the car-the current bumper will then be my winter bumper. let me know what you think of my baby and thanks for reading :D
Last edited by SiWannabe on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
By ghostfire
#121151 Very good idea to put the sidde markers in place of the fender molding ! very good
By Punksz6
#121228 I just met a guy who has a blk hatch who has his sidemarker in that spot too!
By SiWannabe
#121282 Bump for added pics