Post YOUR Coupe here
By bks84
#293008 Austin - 3.25
By EJ1_MK
#293125 Did you see they have a 2.85 kit as well. Have you got to take out for a test spin yet?
By bks84
#293175 2.85 kit is for 88-91.

And no, still no ucas.
By bks84
#293237 AMR is waitign for a test car to test the replacement UCA's on since the ones they sent out were too narrow to fit on my car.

Im picking up axles tonight, so I can kinda put the front end together and fill teh trans up.

i was dicking around with the car yesterday and managed to kill the kinetik battery im using. in short, i shorted it out... so im waiting on a replacement. should be here tuestday.

before killing the battery, i hooked up the MAP sensor, new IAT sensor... got the car to idle on its own at 900 rpms. for a few minutes anywa, til i saw a small pool of engine blood under the car... decided it was time to drain the start up oil and throw some brad penn 10w30.

found the leak, oil pressure sensor tubing wasnt tight. have had a lot of run-ins with shit not being tight. guess thats what happens when there are too many cooks in the kitchen
By bks84
#297758 Car is finally ready to be tuned!!! Next week cant come soon enough!

Here's a video of the car idling.

idling around 1200

I know not much, but at this point the car is nearly complete and ready to tune. Ive got one small issue and its either a broken hose clamp (that wont tighten all the way) or the coolant next isnt sealed properly. Either way gotta drain coolant to fix both. So, I'll replace the clamp and reseal the neck.

I want so bad to drive it around the block since the weather is pretty decent right now, but I restrain myself!

Wednesday the car is going to the shop to have exhaust done and an alignment before we tune it.
By dbrooks
#300339 I love your car.

Are you going to use it soley as track car, or are you going to daily it as well?

Nice work. Admirable.
By bks84
#300384 Plan was to daily as much as the weather allows and track as often as work allowed.

But before it went on the dyno I guess the tensioner came loose, belt jumped and bent valves... we did a quick compression test but the gauges available to us were broken. My friend assured us it would be fine... so we tuned anyway.

On the drive home I dropped a valve. Head is trash. Block has some slight scoring in #3. Two hoes in #3 piston and of course debris everywhere.

I'm not out. I've already picked up another head for $175 and a b20 shortblock for $100 (plus 10hr round trip to get it). For the shortblock to be complete I need to order pistons then have the machine work done and for the top end I need to order valves and send everything to Endyn to have it ported.

Going a lil higher compression and possibly bigger cams, full width radiator, with e85 a possibly.

I'm disappointed in myself for not double double checking everything but there's nothing I can do now.

For now I have the bent valves, mangled head, and demolished piston as a reminder to triple check your work along the way.
By bks84
#301740 Last week i ran my block up to the machine shop, they said it'll be good to use. needs bored to 85mm.

ordered supertech pistons through a vendor on ebay, should have those Wednesday next week. Also ordered supertech flat face valves 200 series, black nitride coated. stock size. those should also be here next week.

got off the phone w/ddtech cams about something equivlant to the rocket motorsports m24xx's. derek said the order will be processed monday sine he's outta town. and should take about a week to a week and a half.

as for the head, its going to Endyn for a full CNC port job. and turn around on that is 1-2 weeks.

So far the rebuild has cost...

cam gears - 166
pistons - 390
valves - 189
head - 1200-1500
cams 600

that leave me quite a bit left over from what i took out of savings.
By EJ1_MK
#301758 This is going to be sick nasty motor??
By ToviEj1
#301760 I really miss my purple ej. Probably my favorite build on here :thumb:
By bks84
EJ1_MK wrote:This is going to be sick nasty motor??

according to the guy who makes/sells the cams... it'll make more than what im hoping for [230 whp]
By EJ1_MK
bks84 wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:This is going to be sick nasty motor??

according to the guy who makes/sells the cams... it'll make more than what im hoping for [230 whp]

Sweet, that will be one crazy lumpy with the ITB's and all. can't wait, but at your pace this time. :thumb: