Post YOUR Coupe here
By 603 jdm
#243901 thanks, yeah it looks solid underneath i gonnabe takin the side skirts off to check the rockers. once the body works done im throwin in the new vc gasket and possibly a timing belt and water pump, then h&r lowering springs with kyb struts :thumb: and hopefully i might be getting hooked up wit some gsr blades
By 603 jdm
#243961 so today got the back bumper off, and broke off about 99% of the shitty bondo off the drivers side rear 1/4. and found a lil somethin extra tht prob isnt ment for good body work.
pass. side, like my ghetto side spoilers/ fender flares?! haha
when i started taking off/out the terrible body work on drivers side.
top of wheel well
finally cleaned out but still gotta take soft metal off and rivetted panels.
this is what the previous owner used to "fix it"
By ghskid06
#243992 Yeah, a lot of people do that to their cars sadly enough. Cant believe they just riveted the sheet metal though. Glad you are fixing it. It will be worth the work in the end.

You can edit your own posts after you submit them. Just go to the post and click edit on the top right corner, if you wanted to clear the broken links in the first post. Then just put something as simple as "pics below" if you want.
By 603 jdm
#244008 yeah its sad to see what people will do to what they drive everyday just to get a sticker... gonna call arround for quarter panels and seeing if any junkyards have an ek si spoiler i think it might look good idk yet. :? im supposed to be doin a lil work for someone i know and they might be hookin me up with blades with decent tires. :thumb:
By 603 jdm
#244386 Bump
By project ej2
#244435 daaamn man thats alot of rust.... looks like a great project... im in for this one...
By 603 jdm
#244470 yeah i know, the guy before me didnt really car about her. im doing all the body work first so its nice and solid i gotta figure out wht to do for paint on it thinkin bout white,black, or grey. red sticks out like a sore thumb and whoever did tht paint job did a shitty job. im tryin to convince my dad into lettin me do a mini-me swap haha.
By 603 jdm
#244472 so i think i just found out i got an ej2 not an ej1. and also have a question im sure this is meant for suspension but i noticed the springs on the civic are red idk if thats oem or something else? :?
By dbrooks
#244605 definitely a good base for a build. just be sure to do little things and keep everything managable!
By OleFolk
#244620 Phew great start but u do have some work to do
Well so do I :lol:
But what I came to find is just do the simple stuff first
You know I probably dont need to say all this but
Paint faded trim
Replace broken and rusted parts/bolts
Fix small issues like electrical
General tune up and maintenance

If your thinking of a motor swap I recommend upgrading your suspension first :thumb:
Great car you got on ur hands it will treat you well

Edit: Huh, You have a sedan front bumper...
By 603 jdm
#244747 thanks guys. yeah im doin all the little things first so i can get it on the road then do the bigger things lil by lil. and the sedan fron bumper will be changed once i gt money for a coupe one. it ws only held on by two wood screws :x postin more pics tonight
By 603 jdm
#244810 o today got a lil bit more done on the civic, got the shitty riveted ettal off the drivers rear 1/4 and painted the fron radiator support area , metal supports for front and rear bumper and had to weld the back bumper a lil bit because the welds broke on it. postin the pics tomorrow.
By 603 jdm
#244950 got a lil more work done he past couple days. take a look, gettin body filler,metal, and a couple parts tomorrow. just ordered my vc gasket off of rockauto.com wicked cheap prices for good products.
lil dent on radiator support area
front bumper was only held on by 2 wood screws :x some people must really not know what their doing.
broken brackets for the pass. side headlight. gonna try and find one at the local junkyard.
effed up inner wheel well
back bumper skin off gotta fix the stirofoam because its almost broke in half
welds wee broken on metal brace for back bumper, cleaned it up and welded it back on correctly
all painted and fixed
in the mddle of sanding front end radiator support
after a few coats of rustoleum primer
all painted flat black.
fixed the broken ground cable underneath the air filter, replaced it with 4 gauge heavy duty audio ground wire.
pass. side rear 1/4 with crappy riveted metal taken off
drivers side rear 1/4 with metal taken off
headlights that had red overspray on them from previous owner.
more pics up tomorrow night, alsobought paint to match the cai tube for my valve cover. rear 1/4s being ccleaned up tomorrow :D
By ghskid06
#244978 looking good man. Glad you are keeping a steady pace. You going to keep the core support flat black? Its my favorite color for that stuff, like it better than any color paint (just in engine bay and stuff not the body).

A good welder is the one thing i dont always have access too. Good thing you have one though your going to need it.

Keep the updates coming.
By Flush93Civic
#245019 This is crazy! :o I thought the civic I bought was a project... I was wrong... Cars coming along nicely man! Keep up the hard work!! :thumb: