Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By decepticon
#203 how much boost can a stock b17 take for daily driver and night time racing?
By Hondelso
#206 i would assume more than a B16 :) it has a 9.6:1 compression if i remember correctly. most people run 8 psi on a stock B16. so maybe 10-12 psi on a stock B17
By teal_dx
#233 just get a good tune, stay away from FMU's :wink:
By eghatch
#239 theres no such thing as the question HOW MUCH BOOST CAN IT HANDLE??

every turbo setup is different.. every tuner is different... boost means nothing.. its all about how much power you are making and how efficiantly you make it..

i have friends with stock b16's making almost 500whp on a stock motor...

i mean no offense to anyone by replying to this.. just trying to help someone who may not know..
By hondaboy92
eghatch wrote:theres no such thing as the question HOW MUCH BOOST CAN IT HANDLE??

every turbo setup is different.. every tuner is different... boost means nothing.. its all about how much power you are making and how efficiantly you make it..

i have friends with stock b16's making almost 500whp on a stock motor...

i mean no offense to anyone by replying to this.. just trying to help someone who may not know..

I agree with this statement...everything is different...but the question you want to ask yourself is what your goals are HP wise and then build the entire system accordingly. But back to the question...ive seen 7-10 psi daily on a buddy's B16 but he has a great tuner ( i recommend CROME www.tunewithcrome.com )