Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By 92dxeg
#339285 ok i threw up a post a few weeks back about a lsv that i was going to build so i scraped that idea and picked up a b18c block and crank that has a fresh hone and a fresh cut crank. and i will boost it but do u think 10.1 would be a good cp ratio or 9.1 ?
By 92dxeg
#339310 well the only reason why i ask is because its not going to be boosted right away iam going to build the motor put it in drive for a bit then boost it and i always figured lowering it to 9.1 and driving na would make it dog until boost and i was told at least 10.1 would make it have a little more pep in its step untill boost
By 92dxeg
#339455 ok i got the block going to send it too the machine shop to get a fresh hone what kind of oil pump and water pump should i get ? should ones for a type r or a gsr is it the same
By 92dxeg
#339475 any1??
By fijiblu
#343322 Just stick with OEM you can never go wrong with it! :D
By jefferydclark
#343344 dropping from stock compression to 9.1 in a b18c will likely be un noticeable to you. if anything taking a probably 200k mile engine and rebuilding it even at lower compression will make it faster than it is right now to begin with man. there is a reason for buying imported engines with 30k miles on them feeling so peppy vs the ones you buy from an individual with unknown miles. I went from mid 9 compression down to 7.5:1 with a D series and it wasn't too bad so you should be fine.