Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By EJ1_Reynold
#336560 so i have an auto ex model. im not going to do 5 spd swap, becuase its way too expensive and would be cheaper to just buy a 5 spd shell. lol so dont say " just go 5spd" or anything. but anyways, i already know about the transmission cooler and i have all that already taken care of . my issue is, since i am in a auto car, i dont want to run nothing like 10 psi. my hp goal is about 175 tops. wondering if i can make that hp goal with stock internals, cheap 600$ ebay kit, and a tune ? im sure i could, but im thinking of running like 5 psi ? idk if i should still upgrade parts like wastegate, fuel pump, etc. thats where you guys come in, and give me input. what do you think ?
By FatNinja
#337016 If you are looking for about 175hp that ebay turbo kit will be just fine. their manifolds are a little sketchy so try to find the best one(pref a log style manifold and not a ram horn style) that with the right tune you should be able to get 175 no problem. The Auto Transmission is the only thing that worries me, mainly because I dont know much about them.
By xzachrickx
#337337 ebay kits are fine other then..... the turbos break and the blades get sucked ino the motor= blown motor. the waste gates stop opening at the right psi causeing to much boost go to the motor= blown motor. oil lines are not as strong as say a line from earls, cause the line to kink and strave the turbo from oil= turbo fail and possable motor damage. so yeah just use the piping and make sure the intercooler is a FLAT BAR sytle intercooler. you do no want the tubes to come to a point. they need to be flat for more surface area to cool the intake air how an intercooler does. the BOV ( blow off valves) seize up some times but if you are just absoluty out of money and cant get a decent bov you can use an ebay one. also try to stay away from FMUs. they work for some people that know what they are doing but it would be best to stay away from those lol
By bks84
#337351 lol...

"ebay kits are fine, except when the turbine fins break off, the waste gates fail...............................blow your engine."

I wouldn't waste the time, money or energy on an auto, no matter how big the cooler is, or if you recently changed the fluid, it will go out.
By jefferydclark
#343034 the thing these guys should be warning about is turboing an auto Honda. you cant chip an auto ecu and keep it automatic. you'd have to run 2 ecu's and splice the wiring so that the transmission runs off the auto ecu and the engine runs off the manual ecu. you can do it all on the auto ecu but you don't really have the functionality of tuning a manual one because it becomes a nightmare if you need to edit anything other than fuel and timing tables and you have to tune it in one gear. as for the cheap turbokit deal...everyone has opinions and i'd look for people with real life experience with those kits and turbo's. i'm going to go out on a limb and guess these guys have none^^^^^

EDIT:.....ahh....old thread..smooth on my behalf.
By HeikDiesel
#343055 If 175 is your power goal why not just go with a supercharger?

That is, if you still post on here. Sorry I'm still asleep :thumbdown:
By JUICE
#343064 Idk.. My tuner has a eg sedan with a B20 on a JDM auto B16 tranny. Pretty sure he's got it on Neptune RTP but not sure what ECU it's in. He just did a simple street tune on it, but it's the rowdiest auto civic I've ever ridden in :lol:

Now as far as boosting with an auto D tranny.. Probably not gonna go to well.