Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By juls1488
#331808 so i recently was able to acquire a jrsc for my d16y7 at a steal. I've been looking for one for awhile and i finally got one.
so far my plans for it are:
-rebuilt d16y7 block with all new everything
-d16a6 (pm6) pistons
-stock rebuilt head(for now until i can afford pnp/cam)
-kamikaze 4-1 header with a 2.5in collector
-330cc injectors
-aem fuel rail
-adjustable fpr
-walbro 255 fuel pump
-aem ems and a local speed shop for the tune
i know superchargers aren't too popular with the Honda crowd, but ill accept any criticism or advice.
I'm not looking for crazy psi or lots of ponies. just a peppy dd setup with some blower whine.
thanks in advance! :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#331811 how many pounds you going to run?
By juls1488
JUICE wrote:Why AEM ems?

Mostly because I already have it, and also because the shop that's going to do the tuning, CCC racing, are wizards with the AEM software.
And I seem to have lost my chipped p28 when I moved, so that helped make my decision easier haha.
By HeikDiesel
#331830 For the money you are going to spend you could probably get a 98+ ITR swap and make about the same power TBH.
By juls1488
HeikDiesel wrote:For the money you are going to spend you could probably get a 98+ ITR swap and make about the same power TBH.

Not quite. By me a 98+ ITR swap goes for over 5k. All I have left to get are the fuel pump and the header, and after that, not including the tune, I'm still under 2k if only barely. Granted that's after selling or trading old stuff and NA parts I don't need anymore.

I realize that I could've gone turbo for the same cost and made more power, but no one around here has a supercharged Honda, let alone a non-vtec D16. You've go to consider that I'm the kind of guy who converted to a 4x114.3 pattern just so I could rock a particular set of wheels haha.
:lol:
By HeikDiesel
#331833 Well coming from a JRSC guy myself, I still think you're better off with a stock b series swap but really if you're doing doing it just to be different, do it. Should be a decent street car
By JUICE
juls1488 wrote:
JUICE wrote:Why AEM ems?

Mostly because I already have it, and also because the shop that's going to do the tuning, CCC racing, are wizards with the AEM software.
And I seem to have lost my chipped p28 when I moved, so that helped make my decision easier haha.

Ahh. Sounds like it'll be in good hands, ccc is top notch. :thumb:
By juls1488
#332164 Thanks Juice. :thumb:

and heikdiesel, your input is appreciated, especially since you have a pretty badass jrsc/lht setup! :thumb:

another thought, a new gas station by me right next to my job just got an e-85 pump. would it be worth it to run e-85, or stick to 93 pump gas?
By HeikDiesel
#332167 Well worth it. Without a question