Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By alexwiththeeg3
#328179 Probably the only person to want to do this, but im wanting to turbo my little d13.. (I can't do an engine swap so dont suggest it) I was wondering if anyone would know how I'd go about doing so?
By d13breeze
#329749 hey, I'm doing the same thing in the next couple of months. do you have the d13b2? iv done some research and it seems pretty simple but if you have fuel injection it could be a little harder.

if its carby you will need to buy a carby hat or have one made up. just above the oil filter is an oil pressure switch witch is what will supply your turbo with oil.
By alexwiththeeg3
#330859 good to know im not the only one! let me know how the setup of it and everything goes, im really interested in doing it as my d13b2 needs more go now that ive got a good suspension setup :D i wouldnt even know where to start on a turbo build though, think id let my local car wizz have a go at it, as he's pretty good with his hondas
By strigga
#332153 hey, nice to see some people who would do this too. No, you are not the only one ;)
till last year i had a garrett t25 with 8.7 psi on the stock d13, E85
last winter i changed to a new d13 and now i have a Garrett T28, stronger rods, bisimoto springs and now i'm driving around with 23.2 psi and it makes a lot fun ;)
By alexwiththeeg3
#332208 Sounds like a nice setup man! You running a carb or did you go injected?
By alexwiththeeg3
#333556 So guys, is it still possible to boost even with the single carb? I'm just looking at this: http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=1921

That should still work right? It's for the d16 which is basically just the bigger fuel injected version of the d13
By d13breeze
#334075 i got my turbo set up in the post just today, finally. there is a company called SCAT, they make rods for the d13 but I cant seem to find any pistons. also I would post the process up the forum but I still don't know how to put pictures up.

I'm going to stick to the single crab for now and then move on to a bigger carby.
there is nothing wrong with turboing a carby car, much less ecu tuning :thumb: