Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By bnuttall
#325883 just heard about somone having a jacksons supercharger for sell that would go on my lsv i was wondering since it is used what should i look for to tell that it would function properly ? and if i need to build my internals all the way. i have a b17gsr lsv before i gotten into my accident my motor ran flawlessly
if i can get any tips or help i would appreciate it. i know i would get more power out of a turbo set up but im not looking for that type of power gain just something that would make my lsv faster .
By HeikDiesel
#325906 Theres a 300+ page topic of the JRSC on HT. I would suggest reading that, then asking questions.

I think the title is "What JRSC setup are you running"
By bnuttall
#325924 Okay thanks and I'm not sure with the whole build just yey. But so far I have my b17 lsv that this would b going on . Itw not in my car but when I had it in my last one iy ran like a champ
By HeikDiesel
#325925 As the owner of a jackson supercharger I love the power, but wish I would have gone turbo. .02
By bnuttall
#325928 Yeah I know what you mean . If I wanted to legitly go out and race my car u would turbo it . But I just want to have it reliable and I want it to he fun to drive . So why not have the power right then and there .
By HeikDiesel
#325953 Don't get me wrong the JRSC is awsome. I make 200lb/ft of torque from 3500-8k RPM. Nice smooth powerband and pretty much anything over 30 mph 5th gear allows me to pull hills, pass people, etc. Car drives like stock unless you put your foot into it. I guess just depends what you want out of it.
By bnuttall
#325972 Yeah pretty much haha I cannot wait for it
By bnuttall
#325993 so internal wise when putting on a super charger what should i go with . what kind of compression what to build my block with .? i have a ls block with a b17 gsr im just wondering what would you reccomend for a relieable set up ? thanks
By bigpunn421
bnuttall wrote:so internal wise when putting on a super charger what should i go with . what kind of compression what to build my block with .? i have a ls block with a b17 gsr im just wondering what would you reccomend for a relieable set up ? thanks

i have jrsc b18c on stock internals. imo the stock motor is fine for the added power.

if your motor has 2billion miles it might be wise to rebuild it.

i would say 10to1 at the least if you build
By kylenjdm93
HeikDiesel wrote:Theres a 300+ page topic of the JRSC on HT. I would suggest reading that, then asking questions.

I think the title is "What JRSC setup are you running"

I'm not trying to get on anyone's bad side, how is this reply any help to our fellow eg lover? Finding info elsewere really defeats the purpose of civic-eg.com[/list]
By HeikDiesel
#326795 How is that any help? It's probably the single most informative topic on the internet on the JRSC. What do you want me to do, sum up 300 pages for him? Take a night and read it if you really want to do a supercharged setup.
By kylenjdm93
HeikDiesel wrote:How is that any help? It's probably the single most informative topic on the internet on the JRSC. What do you want me to do, sum up 300 pages for him? Take a night and read it if you really want to do a supercharged setup.

your right it is a lot of good info ive read it a while back, he is simply asking what internals he should do on his ls/v with a jrsc.

I recommend using the gsr oe compression ratio. you could do a stock rebuild as the charger is designed around stock internals anyway, you can apply 10psi of boost to a oe b series and be fine with a supercharger, make sure you have a good tuner

you can order a higher boost pulley and if you plan on raising the boost of it, you could go forged internals, in the b series the rods are the weakest link especially in an ls :thumb:

(im going off the info you have which is limited)

make sure when ordering your pistons you get the right size obviously and make sure they are vtec pistons, if you change the cam size your ls does not have valve reliefs cast into the pistons like the vtec counterparts

eagle makes a good solid rod

pistons....
if your strapped for cash you can go with supertech I have used them in the past with success, with aftermarket pistons be sure you purchase the ring kit for the pistons you are going to use

when you decide to or not to go with a bigger pulley on the jrsc get bigger injectors as well

a lot of used jrsc kits don't come with everything you need this is the number you call and web address for parts :thumb:

888-888-4079

moss motorsports I believe bought Jackson if im not mistakin...

here is the master parts list from Jackson if any thing you have is damaged or missing

http://ecommerce.mossmotors.com/s/super ... a-gsr/2988

if there is something you cannot order simply call them they wont bite you
By HeikDiesel
#326824 Well on a personal basis I would never run a cast piston on these setups. Currently mine is but it's not because I want to, we just never split the engine apart.

I would go with a higher compression ratio than the GSR. At 10:1, it will handle more boost but as you try to get into those higher boost levels you create a lot of heat as well as belt slippage. I would venture into the 11:1 range with a forged piston and plan on running under 10psi if possible/desired.

E-85 is a gift from God for JRSC setups. The ethanol is not only a high octane fuel but also burns much cooler helping you offset IAT's and detonation.

I mean we can discuss all sorts of varibles with this but unless OP gives me a budget and/or power goals I can't give much opinion on "help me make my LSV faster".
By kylenjdm93
#326828 Isn't that the truth
By bnuttall
#327143 thanks guys that helps out a lot. my goal is around 250hp just looking for something thats going to have some speed plus reliability since this would be my daily.