Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By 92dxeg
#319160 hey every1 you always here abot turbo builds and dyno numbers does any1 have a good sc build like b seriers ect and what is the most power to be had sc can u hit 300
By HeikDiesel
#319280 I don't know if you cosider it good but I have a jrsc on my hatch. Made 229 on a stock b16. 300 is hard on a jackson with a b series, much easier with a procharger or vortech
By 92dxeg
#319283 well how about wit a built motor like full bolts and head ? i also have a built block but i have to lower my cp ratio way to high . i dont want to sc a stock motor
By HeikDiesel
#319362 300 is about the most you can get out of a jrsc. Regardless of build. One thing you have to remember is the bigger the engine, the more air volume it takes and the less boost you can run. Most people run a turbocharger just becuase you can get the same power at a much lower boost level. I could probably be making 100hp more on the same boost with a turbocharger
By HeikDiesel
#321959 Little update on this. Car made 282 with better fuel on an all stock b16. I bet with very little modification I could hit 300.
By Chambers
#322154 With a magnaflow CAT and a OEM cat back exhaust my D16Z6 made 161 wheel horse power on 4.9 lbs of boost from my JRSC. I have lower compression pistons, 9.0:1 iirc.
By xhardlinerx
HeikDiesel wrote:Little update on this. Car made 282 with better fuel on an all stock b16. I bet with very little modification I could hit 300.

Can you explain what you mean by better fuel? Are you saying 282 whp or at 282 at the crank?

Thanks
By 92dxeg
#322483 282 is a good number is it crank or wheel ? whats the highest cp ratio u should run with a sc ? i have one motor thats a gsr 12.5.1 thats prob to high and i wanted to build another motor
By HeikDiesel
xhardlinerx wrote:
HeikDiesel wrote:Little update on this. Car made 282 with better fuel on an all stock b16. I bet with very little modification I could hit 300.

Can you explain what you mean by better fuel? Are you saying 282 whp or at 282 at the crank?

Thanks

By better fuel I mean E-85 compared to winter blend E-70. And 282 was corrected at the wheels.

As far as compression ratio I guess it would depend what boost level and fuel you were going to run. I'd like to do a 11.5:1 engine with 10 psi or so
By 92dxeg
#322511 cuz iam up inm the air with what the cp ratio will be i think iam leaning towds 9.1 do u thinlk thats good for sc cuz ik wit a sc it takes power to make power and 9.1 would lower the hp a little would it not ?
By HagerSol
#324877 I think you are limited to about 300/320ish hp because the sc is too small and won't work efficiently enough past 'x' boost required to make that power. I think you can make more power with higher compression but just like turbo; more boost and higher compression requires a more accurate tune. You can make more than 300 but it would require an engine build, top and bottom and electrical...unless you are doing this to showcase skill it kinda seems like an uphill struggle. If you want cheap power go boost and spend ur money on the tune and devices to monitor your engine. Checking it often doesn't mean nothing fails, it just means that if something does fail there's less chance of the failed part causing catastrophic problems. :-)
By HeikDiesel
92dxeg wrote:cuz iam up inm the air with what the cp ratio will be i think iam leaning towds 9.1 do u thinlk thats good for sc cuz ik wit a sc it takes power to make power and 9.1 would lower the hp a little would it not ?

With a forged piston I would have no problem going much higher than 9:1. This also depends what fuel you are going to use and also if the supercharger is going to be water/meth injected or intercooled
By bigpunn421
#326278 i would like to see your dyno numbers on your b16 jrsc. you wrote 299hp 166tq on one of your posts. no dyno sheet? then you said 200tq another time. which is it? also 280whp or 299whp?

i have a b18c with jrsc. i plan on going e85, lht 15psi. 3" collector and cutout. i want 320whp 250tq. i am at 225whp 180tq with small exhaust and 9-10psi pump 93 with no aggressive timing. stock jdm gsr motor . i might need a cam or two to achieve power but i am unsure. i would like to run stock cams if i can.

people make over 350whp with b series jrsc. just needs alot of $$$ and knowledge. nitrous is the easiest way.

you dont need low compression if you have good fuel to prevent knock. water meth is a good way to cheaply raise octane too.

i wish we could bolt on tvs1320 superchargers like the cobalt guys. then we could have some better power band hp/tq civics.
By HeikDiesel
#326285 I never wrote that the car made 299. The first tuner got the car to make 229/166. With E-85 compared to e-70 and a better tuner I was able to make 282/204 out of it. I'll post the full chart later. I'm at work and they block photobucket.

How are you going to get 15psi out of the JRSC? I already have belt slippage at just over 11. I think 15 would be a bear to even get on the 1.6, let alone the 1.8.
By bigpunn421
HeikDiesel wrote:I never wrote that the car made 299. The first tuner got the car to make 229/166. With E-85 compared to e-70 and a better tuner I was able to make 282/204 out of it. I'll post the full chart later. I'm at work and they block photobucket.

How are you going to get 15psi out of the JRSC? I already have belt slippage at just over 11. I think 15 would be a bear to even get on the 1.6, let alone the 1.8.

you must of made a mistake when you posted your numbers here you said 299 160. http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?p=317 ... ht=#317780 i was like wtf is he making numbers up or did he make a mistake typing.

i have no slip at all with my setup. if the belt is loose i will slip or if its wet outside i slip. but thats normal. i usually only drive on nice days with my civic or track events

its easier to get 15psi on a b16 than it is a b18. but the b18 will handle the boost better. and psi doesnt mean power. its restriction. if you get a better flowing head on your same setup you will make less boost but more power.

i would buy a stepper pulley for the alt. it makes the side you put your supercharger pulley belt larger so it makes less slip. but it turns the s/c faster. just like getting bigger crank pulley.

if you get a smaller s/c pulley you will slip alot. i know from first hand. thats why i have the jrsc big boost crank pulley. you can use a b20 one too.

i have a buddy runnning 15-16psi on a b16 with same jrsc m62 blower. he has lht to cool the temps and e85 to prevent knock.

i also have a friend with a cobalt ss running 20psi with a newer gen m62 and a shitter design lumina coils.

people online say that 10psi is pushing the jrsc to the limits but i have had one at that level for 2 years. yes the iat's can get high at times but nothing bad happened yet. so i will up the boost at a later date and update you guys.

i want to push it to the limits. i have been studying honda motors and forced induction for awhile. once i get some cash i will try to achieve my hp wishes with the jrsc b18c.