Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By HeikDiesel
#326338 Yeah good catch that was a typo. Completely forgot about that thread to be honest.

I prettty much have my tensioner maxed out with the longest belt possible to get as much wrap around the nose pulley as possible. If you look at my graph it falls off a little towards the top end and that was due to belt slippage. I still think even with a CRV pulley, stepper, and 3.8 nose you wouldn't see 15psi on a larger displacement engine. Maybe with the Fluidampr crankshaft pulley since they do make one that is larger than the CRV. FLT's site says you should, but I don't think in real world results you will. Correct me if I'm wrong
By bigpunn421
HeikDiesel wrote:Yeah good catch that was a typo. Completely forgot about that thread to be honest.

I prettty much have my tensioner maxed out with the longest belt possible to get as much wrap around the nose pulley as possible. If you look at my graph it falls off a little towards the top end and that was due to belt slippage. I still think even with a CRV pulley, stepper, and 3.8 nose you wouldn't see 15psi on a larger displacement engine. Maybe with the Fluidampr crankshaft pulley since they do make one that is larger than the CRV. FLT's site says you should, but I don't think in real world results you will. Correct me if I'm wrong

if you have bad slip up top save up and upgrade to a 6 rib design or cogged if you have more $$$. you will have less slip. i might upgrade somtime in future if i keep my car.

if i were to get a proper sized stepper pulley i could make 20psi. it all depends on the size. you have to do some pulley formulas.

people make 10psi with just the stepper pulley and stock gsr crank. with stock nose pulley. so thats about 4psi difference. if i could add that same size to mine i would think it would make 4-5psi more than i do know. i didnt run any numberrs yet but it should work.

ftl website is amazing for b series and the jrsc kit http://ftlracing.com/
By bigpunn421
HeikDiesel wrote:Yeah good catch that was a typo. Completely forgot about that thread to be honest.

if you have bad slip up top save up and upgrade to a 6 rib design or cogged if you have more $$$. you will have less slip. i might upgrade somtime in future if i keep my car.

if i were to get a proper sized stepper pulley i could make 20psi. it all depends on the size. you have to do some pulley formulas.

people make 10psi with just the stepper pulley and stock gsr crank. with stock nose pulley. so thats about 4psi difference. if i could add that same size to mine i would think it would make 4-5psi more than i do know. i didnt run any numberrs yet but it should work.

By bigpunn421