Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By ThatguyInAhatch
#316729 Sup guys, so im thinking about supercharging my b20v. here are the specs

stock block b20b
gsr head
arp rod bolts
arp head studs
ITR cams
3 angle valve job
port nd polish
new valves, seals, retainers

now i know b20s are notorious for weak sleeves which is why i think the supercharger may be a good route to go. Only gonna run 6-8lbs.

I think its better then going turbo because 1 the torque curve should be awesome, and 2 cant boost them much anyways. So i wanna know what do you guys think about it?? Has anyone here had a supercharged b20v? I havnt really heard much about one everyone just seems to go low boost. Any info would be awesome :) :thumb:
By JUICE
#316742 Boost > supercharger ..just sayin' :P

I saw a nice setup last week at an event. It was a b20v with a vortech supercharger on it. Not sur of the specs, but it looked badass.
By chrono404
#317621 a buddy of mine had a B20vtec in a clean black ek, Listed is his build.
High Comp 99Spec JDM b20b.
GSR head, GSR cams.
Jackson Racing Supercharger
ARP rod bolts and head studs
OEM b20 headgasket.
P72 GSR Water pump and timing belt
11lb pulley upgrade for Jackson racing supercharger.
GSR LSD Transmission
Tune by Speed Factory.

His car pulled like crazy, instant throttle response and it was awesome. He ran that setup for 2 years on the included pulley, then ran it for a year on the 11 lb pulley. I had a 99spec B20 in my delsol, went for a ride in his car and was super tempted to do b20vtec and supercharger. His car smoked a K20 swapped CRX. as well as a H23VTEC Si Hatch. It was amazing seeing it go. He sold it 9 months ago or so now to open up a painting business, however it was running strong when he did with over 3 years of abuse on the engine.

The Key is getting a good tune. The car was tuned by Speed Factory in Tacoma, Wa on his original pulley, as well when he upped the boost to his 11lb pulley. Because he had a good tune he had no problems with car. the entire time I knew him he never had a single issue aside from a lawnmower shooting a rock and breaking his window.

Happy Boosting. :thumb: