Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By 92dxeg
#315559 ok i want to build a motor pistons rods block guard pretty much the basics but also i would like reaibilty my power goes are 350-450 i would like what would be the best way for realabilty ? also what cp ratio u think would be best ?
By brandoff88
#315626 well from what i read for a turbo set up you want lower compression, and for reliability, if you have a fairly decent budget go lsv, if not i would stick just ls turbo, there are a couple dyi's on here for building a reliable lsv set up in the diy section so i would suggest read thru that and then decide if your going to have the budget for that, if not just build it up good and strong and turbo it, hope that helps.
By JUICE
#315638 For those power goals with a forged bottom end.. I'd say LS-v only cause you can run that kind of power on a stock vtec head. You'd have to "build" the LS head to be safe.

Stock LS vs stock LS-v.. Stock LS all day!! My current setup has been going strong at 286whp/302wtq for almost a year now.
By JUICE
#315641 Oh and that block guard is a waste of time. Can do more harm than good. If you wanna look into something that actually works and is much cheaper than sleeving, google "cylinder support systems" they specialize in Hondas and guarantee their work up to like 600hp.
By 92dxeg
#315662 what set up are u running for ur ls turbo ? like fuel set up and all that good shit ?
By 92egdxhatch
#315668 Stock LS ftw!

Daily drive mine, 348whp 295wtq!
By josh93coupe
#315672 Stock LS all day!!
By 92egdxhatch
#315693 I'm considering the CSS method. My car is "budget" minded. I only want about 450whp. Spending $1300 on sleeved block alone seems, like a bit much for my "goal".

Also, with the LS head aftermarket valve/springs and retainers will allow you to rev higher.
By 92dxeg
#315705 now i plan on building a motor i dont want to boost it stock. if if i was to build a head would ot not be best to put the money into a vtec head ? rather then puting it into the ls head. when switch the head doe sthat change the reliablity of the motor?
By 92dxeg
#316827 now how would a b16 turbo be i think i am going to go that way cuz i may be trading my ls del sol for a b16 eg foor door whats the pros and cons of that ? compared to the ls
By rootbeer_eg
92dxeg wrote:now how would a b16 turbo be i think i am going to go that way cuz i may be trading my ls del sol for a b16 eg foor door whats the pros and cons of that ? compared to the ls

well this is just my opinion but b16s are torqueless motors!!!
my b18b1 with a b16 tranny has waxed and will continue to wax b16s on the street :P
By 92dxeg
#316842 well i am talking about boosting its kinda my little side project my hatch has a poor mans type r 195 hp 140 tq wit a b16 trans this is just somthing i have on the side. now ik they have 0 tq but lets say if i build it and get gsr rods and crank would it not be the same thing pretty much as a gsr in the bottom end ?
By 92dxeg
#316857 if i did get gsr crank and rods would that be the same thing as a gsr since all b seriers came 81mm boar exept for the b20 witch is 84mm. well what are the diffrences btween the 2