Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By couch_c
#305831 Found a guy selling a greddy kit that comes with everything including ecu and injectors, I was wondering would it be okay to throw that same setup into my z6 without a tune? It came off the same engine.
By SkunkDcivic
#305836 Depends if the turbo is in good shape and if the manifolds in good shape and I would still get a tune it probably comes with a base map
By couch_c
#305865 it comes with the ecu set at 10psi, sounds like it's fully setup plug and play
By d-mon
#305942 put the kit on and get it tuned.
i bought a used greddy kit and had to rebuild the turbo.
its worked out pretty well.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#305950 You can always send Greddy Turbos out to Forced Preforance. and they can rebuild then and up grade then a little bit.

IDK if anyone has heard of it, they are big in the Evo/DSM/Subi community might do honda work, but they build turbos such as FP Green, FB Black good stuff when you dont wanna spend a arm and a leg.
By couch_c
#306037 Yeah I was thinking I'd probably need a proper tune, I just don't want to pay for a tune yet, it's so costly, and the guy had it on his d16z6 too
By Hatch-O-Doom
couch_c wrote:Yeah I was thinking I'd probably need a proper tune, I just don't want to pay for a tune yet, it's so costly, and the guy had it on his d16z6 too

Running a car with a turbo with out a tune = very risky! I do not recomend! It could turn out to be pretty bad!
By d-mon
couch_c wrote: I just don't want to pay for a tune yet, it's so costly,

you know what's even more costly?
blowing up motors

if its too much for a tune, maybe you shouldn't bother with the turbo.
By Hatch-O-Doom
d-mon wrote:

blowing up motors

This :woot:

But really Throwing a turbo and bigger injectors on is just asking for trouble with no tune.
By couch_c
d-mon wrote:

blowing up motors

Yeah I think I might hold off on turbo, or maybe even just not go boost, in fact I think it's cheaper to go b18. I don't need a lot of horsepower, just good enough to go up a hill. Around my area d16z6s are 600-800 so replacing one isn't much of a problem if anything does go wrong. But I understand how important it is to tune, I was just really curious about how reliable it is to use someone else's tune on the same motor with the same set up.
By SkunkDcivic
#306192 The GSr motor (b18c1) is the best engine to boost haha
By cjw_89
#322195 how about moates ostrich or deamon on a b20b 10 12 psi with a 15g
By d-mon
cjw_89 wrote:how about moates ostrich or deamon

those are tuning tools to connect a laptop to the ecu, you still need a bin, and you should have a wideband for monitoring.
and a fundamental understanding for using them.