Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By 92dxeg
#304177 OK so i was jw what would be more reliable to daily drive if they were bolth built equaly they same like pistons, rods, ect ect let me know on some input what the pros and cons of bolth and witch would make more power
By JUICE
#304182 i mean.. either one will be just fine if done correctly. reliability comes from build quality and the tune

IMO, the proper built LS/Vtec should produce a little more power if both had exact same setups cause of more stroke from the LS crank.. but who cares with boost... just push a few more psi :lol:
By brandoff88
#304241 what juice said, its all about quality of build/parts/tune. even with a good tune and parts, if you cut corners to "save" money your still going to be spending that money down the road when your shortcut bites you in the ass..seen lots of good builds go bad due to lack of judgement...but again if your running boost, unless of course you spend good money on GREAT parts, your a ticking time bomb, i watched my freind in a turboed b16 hatch blow his mani and turbo apart using a crappy ebay manual boost controller, although he did try pushing like 20 pounds ...not very bright if you ask me, specailly on no tunning, he just dumped the turbo in and drove it...so again, quality parts and tune will make a difference, just make sure you do everything PROPERLY, especially with a boost set up.