Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By 92civic_vx
#289124 picked up a garrett gt1752 (i know it is small..) for free. i have been told by a few people that with a turbo this small it would be fine to just run a fmu and stock injectors, no need to tune it cause it wont make much power. i also had a few people tell me to chip my ecu and tune it myself using a basemap and fine tune with crome. i would like to get input from the civic-eg family. run a fmu, basemap and self tune or have it tuned by a real tuner? :? i was thinking i should at least get slightly bigger injectors and getting it tuned. it will be going on my DD 92 vx with a d16a6/z6 minime.
By Hatch-O-Doom
#289128 I would recomend getting it tuned. I mean it cant hurt. it will make max power and be safe. I dont see a downfall with it getting a real tune. and you will also have a dyno sheet to know where you stand. :D
By 92civic_vx
#289134 i just need to find out how much it will cost to have it tuned in the cincinnati area. :?
By JUICE
#289164 you can call TPR, Zerolift, or Modular Depot to get dyno time scheduled with Blundell who runs about $150 an hour.
By bartman201
#290933 always tune that little turbo can cause a lot of damage.