Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By kc12305
#288158 Ok im been trying to figure this out I looked ok google and didnt really find the answer , what are the lines needs on turbo setup for the boost gauge and bov.to wg. Im running my build with no boost controler so I was wondering if someone can ether post pics or draw a pic of were the lines are and how they get exactly set up please thats would help alot of people out so ik teal did the the turbo build but I didnt see what I was lookibg for ether
By Hatch-O-Doom
#288176 you should be running a line from the wastegate to the manifold... along that line use a t-fitting to put the boost gauge line onto it.
By kc12305
#288178 Yah that I get but exactly were on the manifold and what side of the wg the top or side ,also with a t splitdr how can I run all of the wg and gaige and bov at same time
By Hatch-O-Doom
#288179 The Bov valve will be on another line... I am pretty sure.

The what WG are you using?
my Tial one has only one line to it.
either one you run off tho will do the same thing... in my other cars I have run off both to manage boost better...
but on this one I am running off just the wg spring
but running the bov you would have to tap somewhere else. and for where it would be goin to on the manifold? just find a open port on there.
By kc12305
#288187 .... Grr this is confusing lol I have a wg with a top port and side port
By Hatch-O-Doom
#288188 use the side one.. really they both measure boost.
By kc12305
#288209 IS There a way you can show me a diagram of what it looks like and what the lines loook like hooked up directly ?
By JUICE
#288228 best way to do it, like i said in the other thread you got going.. is to get a vacuum block and put it on the brake booster line between the intake mani and the check valve on that hose. then run ALL of your vacuum lines to it and your boost gauge.. makes things quite simple

JUICE wrote:and having a bunch of t's for boost sources can cause problems, look into a vacuum block. put it on the big vacuum line from the intake mani to the brake booster, before the check valve

its the silver thing on the top right. i have my BOV, wastegate and boost gauge hooked up to it
By kc12305
#288232 How much they go for ?. And hook it up to the brake booster grr tgese are all new terms for me lol I thank you guts for doing this thread hekping me out . So how does the vac block exactly work ,and how does it hook up to the brake booster.
By Hatch-O-Doom
kc12305 wrote:How much they go for ?. And hook it up to the brake booster grr tgese are all new terms for me lol I thank you guts for doing this thread hekping me out . So how does the vac block exactly work ,and how does it hook up to the brake booster.

It just hooks up between the intake manifold and brake booster...
and the way it works. is the break booster will pull vacume which will go through the block... It will pretty much work like your manifold.
By kc12305
#288240 Brake boostet is were my brake lines are right?.
By Hatch-O-Doom
kc12305 wrote:Brake boostet is were my brake lines are right?.

The Break Booster is the big roung drum that has the break fluid resivour. It has one big black vacume line goin to it.
By kc12305
#288336 ok guys ok im sorry for seeming dumb im still new to this so i thank you for helping me out alot
By Hatch-O-Doom
#288361 No problem man, its what were here for.