Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By orangeEG
#269748 im doing a mock up of my turbo kit and i've noticed that my setup uses a oil feed line from a oil filter sandwich plate, my question is after researching about honda motors making upwards of 60psi of oil pressure, would a sandwich plate cause more or equal pressure as a oil pan feed or should i switch to a pan feed?

another question i have is again about the pressure our motors make, i've read that it only takes roughly 15psi of oil pressure to lubricate a turbo, now to eliminate oil blow by in the seals i've read that a restrictor screw or something similar to that to restrict the amount of oil going through the turbo.
has anyone used a restrictor and if so does it help?, and where did you get one?

any help would be awesome thanks :woot:
By JUICE
#269754 what kit/turbo? you'll be fine running a feed off the sandwich plate and whatever oil inlet the kit provides should have the right restriction. it's emphasized more so with ball-bearing turbos..
By orangeEG
#269761 it's a peiced together kit I've bought from verious places, it's a t3/t4 but there's no markings on it to determine brand... but I know it's not ball bearing... the reason I asked about the restrictor is because I have a feeling that it might be a eBay turbo and from what I've read you can run them alot smoother with a restrictor screw
By d-mon
#269791 no-name/ebay turbos usually require running a restrictor to protect their seals.
i am giving up on my sandwich plate, i can't keep it from leaking.
By orangeEG
#269795 ya see thats what I heard, I've never had an issue with my plate leaking and funny thing is I got it on eBay for like 30 bucks to tie me over till I could get a better one, thinking I'm just going to stick with it. when I installed it I used Teflon paste on the plate itself and Teflon tape on the fittings
By orangeEG
#269796 ya see thats what I heard, I've never had an issue with my plate leaking and funny thing is I got it on eBay for like 30 bucks to tie me over till I could get a better one, thinking I'm just going to stick with it. when I installed it I used Teflon paste on the plate itself and Teflon tape on the fittings
By JUICE
#269846 haven't had any issues out of my cheap blox plate.. but they might just be one of those luck-of-the-draw parts..
By d-mon
#269967 yeah at first it didn't leak, but after a couple of oil changes, it started and now its getting worse.
then i tightend it way down, and tore the rubber gasket.
rather than get another sandwich plate, i'm trying something different.
By 92civic_vx
d-mon wrote:Image

where did you get that adapter from? i am looking for one but cannot find one.
By bks84
#296880 Personally speaking I wouldn't trust that contraption off the back of the engine. Excessive vibrations can cause the metal around it to break off.

I'd run a SS line to the firewall then screw all the fittings and such to it.

I too am having an issue w/my sandwich plate. Not sure if its the plate or the oil pressure gauge fittings.
By d-mon
92civic_vx wrote: where did you get that adapter from? i am looking for one but cannot find one.

stealthmode
bks84 wrote:Personally speaking I wouldn't trust that contraption off the back of the engine. Excessive vibrations can cause the metal around it to break off.

if it was made of brass, i would agree with you.
but this made of steel and is not going to break from vibration.
no more leak.
By bks84
#297147 I was talking about the block, not the contraption.

Glad ya got it fixed.